• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JerseyMike

Dec 16, 2019
    Germantown
    I’m almost certain it will be ignored, but I am encouraging my other democratic friends to do the same, only took 5 minutes.

“Rep. Trone,

I am a liberal/progressive in your district who voted for you in 2018. I, along with many other liberals in your District, do not support the majority of “gun safety” policies that you, and the Democratic party as a whole, are proposing. Arbitrarily designating certain rifles as “assault weapons” and pledging to ban them will not make us safer and is an unnecessary infringement of a constitutional right. The same applies to arbitrary 10 round magazine capacity limits. Neither of these are “common sense” gun reforms, they are senseless restrictions that only affect lawful gun owners. I would hate voting for your Republican challenger, but I will not support a candidate who is willing to infringe on fundamental constitutional rights just to pass feel good legislation that will not in any meaningful way address gun violence in this country. I would urge you to move more towards the center on Second Amendment issues. Look at the NICS data and news coverage, a large number of recent firearms purchases have been from Democrats who purchased their first firearm. In Maryland many of these Democrats purchased a semiautomatic rifle that would be classified as an assault weapon under the Democratic proposals due to the fact that they were unable to obtain a HQL during the pandemic closure to enable them to purchase a handgun.

Thank you for your time and consideration and for the work that you have done on behalf of Maryland residents in your District.”

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I think that's a great letter, very well written. I can only hope someone looks at it and the message triggers the correct response.

Otherwise sadly, it may be right up there with prioritizing last years Farmers Almanac for being relevant to today's talking points for the intended recipient.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    your mistake was voting democrat. gun control is part and parcel of their agenda/beliefs/etc.

and now since you're telling him y'all buy rifles to bypass the hql, you're going to have a hql requirement for rifles too...

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    your mistake was voting democrat. gun control is part and parcel of their agenda/beliefs/etc.

and now since you're telling him y'all buy rifles to bypass the hql, you're going to have a hql requirement for rifles too...

Politicians want votes regardless of who they come from. This is a pretty good letter and will get noticed as more people share similar sentiments.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    It’s a pointless exercise. The large majority of the voters in MD are at the polar opposite of this position, and the party members who take in Bloomberg and Soros cash know where their bread is buttered. Trome will no more acknowledge your points than he will actually act on them in any way.

Time and energy is better spent financially supporting endangered GOP senators so there is at least a chance that we don’t lose everything because of a hereafter-leftist Supreme Court. And by “everything,” I mean a lot more than just the 2A.

And of course if your letter was sincere, you also need to be pouring cash into the Trump re-election effort.

cmb

Dec 28, 2012
    Conowingo MD
    I’m almost certain it will be ignored, but I am encouraging my other democratic friends to do the same, only took 5 minutes.

“Rep. Trone,

I am a liberal/progressive in your district who voted for you in 2018. I, along with many other liberals in your District, do not support the majority of “gun safety” policies that you, and the Democratic party as a whole, are proposing. Arbitrarily designating certain rifles as “assault weapons” and pledging to ban them will not make us safer and is an unnecessary infringement of a constitutional right. The same applies to arbitrary 10 round magazine capacity limits. Neither of these are “common sense” gun reforms, they are senseless restrictions that only affect lawful gun owners. I would hate voting for your Republican challenger, but I will not support a candidate who is willing to infringe on fundamental constitutional rights just to pass feel good legislation that will not in any meaningful way address gun violence in this country. I would urge you to move more towards the center on Second Amendment issues. Look at the NICS data and news coverage, a large number of recent firearms purchases have been from Democrats who purchased their first firearm. In Maryland many of these Democrats purchased a semiautomatic rifle that would be classified as an assault weapon under the Democratic proposals due to the fact that they were unable to obtain a HQL during the pandemic closure to enable them to purchase a handgun.

Thank you for your time and consideration and for the work that you have done on behalf of Maryland residents in your District.”
    Don't you wish you had a "DEMOCRATIC" Congressman?

gremlin42

Apr 16, 2020
    variable
    In case I haven’t already outed myself as a moderate/centrist liberal (on the path to libertarian lately) here I’ll add my support to this as well. We tend to be a quiet bunch, but these days I feel more free to express honest views with my conservative friends and family than those to my left. Speaking for myself I’m very selective about who I’ll talk guns with, and when you live in a MoCo cul de sac you get really good about sneaking your range gear to the car. So I think this makes a lot of Democratic leaning gun owners who do truly support 2A afraid to speak up. Based on private conversations I’ve had with people and lurking on certain reddit threads, there’s an explosion in support for gun rights on the left which means it had the potential to become a non/bi-partisan issue. But of course with our two party system if an issue is embraced by one side the other side has to go hard in the other direction. Not saying I’m optimistic about the Democratic establishment changing its extremely misguided (if I’m charitable) position, but it’s worth it to make sure our reps know that we support our right to self-defense. Honestly not sure where to start and I haven’t joined MSI yet, but seems like Mike has started on the right path. I also think it’s a good idea for any MD 2A organization to be open to support from all partisan backgrounds.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    You voted for him but are against his policy on guns.............lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    If you sent that POS a hard copy he could wipe his ass with it. That's about the only way an appeal to reason about gun grabbing to him is going to be a useful exercise.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    If you sent that POS a hard copy he could wipe his ass with it. That's about the only way an appeal to reason about gun grabbing to him is going to be a useful exercise.

If he’s gonna wipe his ass with it, print it on sandpaper. But he may like that

Kair350

"Send Me"
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2016
    Harford County MD
    David Trone

From David Trone’s ReElection Site

‘Most of the mass shootings our country has suffered have been young people who have been able to purchase military-style assault weapons. These are weapons of war, and they must be banned. I also favor banning so called ‘bump stocks’ that turn semi-automatic weapons into automatic weapons, like the one used by the deranged shooter in Las Vegas.”

He’s not changing his vote Sir it’s up to you.

Clump

Sep 19, 2008
    Felton, DE
    I went to Trone's "Gun violence prevention workshop" last year. It was completely 1 sided. https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=234835

I attempted to engage him in a cordial, respectful way. His response:
    Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me regarding my Gun Violence Prevention Forum. I am sorry that you found the forum to be one-sided. I believe that, in order to make real progress when it comes to gun reform, we need to address the cause of the problem. That’s why I was proud to work with my colleagues in the House of Representatives to pass H.R. 8, a bill to require a background check for every firearm sale that would help keep people with a history of violence, mental illness, and domestic abuse from accessing guns. This is the first piece of gun reform legislation to pass the House in more than twenty years, and it will help our country take another step toward preventing gun violence.

I also believe that some guns and accessories, whose only purpose is to make it easy to kill large numbers of people, should not be on the market. That’s why I support a ban on military-style assault weapons and bump stocks. None of these measures will interfere with eligible citizens’ rights to purchase firearms for hunting, sport, or other legitimate uses. As your representative, I will continue to work toward a world in which senseless gun violence is a thing of the past.

Please know that I am honored to represent constituents with diverse views. I hope you will continue to stay in touch.
    Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me about this important issue. Your comments help me to better represent Maryland's 6th District. If you need further assistance, please call my office at (301) 926-0300.

Getting him out of Congress is the only answer.

JerseyMike

Dec 16, 2019
    Germantown
    I went to Trone's "Gun violence prevention workshop" last year. It was completely 1 sided. https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=234835

I don’t expect my one email to make a difference, but I’m trying to get other liberals to do the same. It’s almost certainly a futile exercise, but only took a few minutes and I will follow through with voting for the “republican” running against him and lobbying my new gun owning liberal neighbors to do the same. 6th was Republican from 1993-2013. Need Frederick to turn out in big numbers too.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me regarding my Gun Violence Prevention Forum. I am sorry that you found the forum to be one-sided. I believe that, in order to make real progress when it comes to gun reform, we need to address the cause of the problem. That’s why I was proud to work with my colleagues in the House of Representatives to pass H.R. 8, a bill to require a background check for every firearm sale that would help keep people with a history of violence, mental illness, and domestic abuse from accessing guns. This is the first piece of gun reform legislation to pass the House in more than twenty years, and it will help our country take another step toward preventing gun violence.

I also believe that some guns and accessories, whose only purpose is to make it easy to kill large numbers of people, should not be on the market. That’s why I support a ban on military-style assault weapons and bump stocks. None of these measures will interfere with eligible citizens’ rights to purchase firearms for hunting, sport, or other legitimate uses. As your representative, I will continue to work toward a world in which senseless gun violence is a thing of the past.

Please know that I am honored to represent constituents with diverse views. I hope you will continue to stay in touch.
    Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me about this important issue. Your comments help me to better represent Maryland's 6th District. If you need further assistance, please call my office at (301) 926-0300.

Rep. Trone is serving the Bloomberg anti-gun Kool-Aid. In fact, the whole Democrat party is these days.

JerseyMike,
    You are in a difficult place. You are supporting a party that believes it knows what is better for you than you do. To put it in simpler terms, the Democrat party is not a party that supports liberty. Liberty is the foundation of this country. I would recommend reading two books to explore liberty. They may change your perspective. Then again, maybe not. But, you'll never know unless you read them. $28 for the pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom