• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JimB

Apr 23, 2014
    Frederick County, MD
    I need to get 4 tires Mounted and Balanced in the frederick county area. Who has best price and service. I already have the tires.

N3YMY

Ultimate Member
    Jan 21, 2013
    I’ve had good experiences with Tony at Rice tire.

Get road force balancing; the results are shocking even on big vehicles like duallies

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    If you’re a member at Costco you could call them and see if they’ll do it. I had the Costco in Gaithersburg fix a slow leak I had in a tire that I didn’t buy there. Only $11.00 including a valve stem replacement.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    I've often bought tires from Amazon or ebay and got them mounted and balanced at Walmart in mt airy.

It's all computerized so it doesn't take a Genius to do a decent job.

Rob

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    I've often bought tires from Amazon or ebay and got them mounted and balanced at Walmart in mt airy.

Agree, if anyone has their own tires, Walmart is the cheapest place to get mount and balance done. I've had a bunch done over the years. Had the Mrs. Highlander tires done there (I supplied the tires because I have a wholesale account at work) and when we went back to get them rotated, they did it for free because we were in the system as having done the tires there. Win.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    I've had balance guys tell me the road force balancing is a sham and rarely ever makes a difference.

Walmart is notorious for muffing up a wheel and telling you it came in that way.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I've had balance guys tell me the road force balancing is a sham and rarely ever makes a difference.

Walmart is notorious for muffing up a wheel and telling you it came in that way.

I think that might vary by store and personnel. Some years back I stopped in the old Walmart off rt. 26 in Frederick. I came in towards the end and was watching as I was waiting. Some old guy was mounting the wheels and I was amazed to see him use a torque wrench to carefully tighten each lug. I can’t remember ever seeing that. But, in general, minimum wage usually gets minimal talent, unless you have a retiree looking to stay busy, which this might have been.

Last edited:

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I think that might vary by store and personnel. Some years back I stopped in the old Walmart off rt. 26 in Frederick. I came in towards the end and was watching as I was waiting. Some old guy was mounting the wheels and I was amazed to see him use a torque wrench to carefully righten each lug. I can’t remember ever seeing that. But, in general, minimum wage usually gets minimal talent, unless you have a retiree looking to stay busy, which this might have been.

Ha! What a coincidence! When I moved to our current location, the local WalMart Auto Center was staffed by a bunch of old geezers whom I gathered from multiple chats had long careers in independent auto service shops in the area until The Second Depression wiped the Hickory, NC region almost completely off the map.

Man, it was great; sh*t got done, right! Roughly 2 years later I saw less and less of “Robert” and “John” and started seeing younger guys who let’s say, didn’t inspire confidence. Then, the old fudds were gone. Not surprisingly, next oil change no crush washer under the drain plug (I’ll eat that one: we supply our own oil and filter but failed to supply a new crush) but next tire rotate and the damn vehicle which has NEVER given problems before now shimmies like Crazy Cameltoe Harris’ eyeballs as soon as over 60mph.

Took it back, no improvement and now even our regular mechanic cannot figure out what one of those sloth-like kids did ...:mad54:

OP, moral of the story is, if you have the oppty, Go for the Gray!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom