• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mahead

Jan 6, 2009
    Frederick
    I’m thinking of starting a new project and part of that would be to shorten the barrel and have choke tubes installed. Is there anyone local to the Frederick area that does this or does anyone have experience with having this done that they would recommend.

Thanks

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I’m thinking of starting a new project and part of that would be to shorten the barrel and have choke tubes installed. Is there anyone local to the Frederick area that does this or does anyone have experience with having this done that they would recommend.

Thanks

If it's going to be YOUR project, try to do it yourself. Saw off the barrel and use a tap to cut threads inside of it.

mahead

Jan 6, 2009
    Frederick
    I have chopped barrels on my own in the past but I’m pretty sure there is more to installing choke tubes than just tapping threads.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    I don’t know anyone local and I’ve been shooting clay targets for 35+ years around here. Briley is THE place to have this done. Carlson’s is second. I understand not wanting to ship the barrel out especially right now.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    It may be cheaper to source a 2nd barrel depending on the gun and desired choke tube type/thread.

Mdtrapshooter

Jan 12, 2021
    Ask your local gunsmith

gander mountain used to have gunsmithing services. Briley does timely, professional work at a fair price. Maybe call ahead to see how long they estimate for the work.

Last edited:

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I don’t know anyone local and I’ve been shooting clay targets for 35+ years around here. Briley is THE place to have this done. Carlson’s is second. I understand not wanting to ship the barrel out especially right now.

I was going to say if this was my project, it would be shipped to Briley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom