• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    This is just a trainwreck. I don't see how the NRA gets it together for 2020

http://www.savethe2a.org/breaking-n...guSXEQ5G8mx6GfJ4-H44KVdyj-IrbA6X57iMQvwTwGQOQ

NRA-Board-Resignation-Letter-Page-1-of-2-791x1024.jpg

NRA-Board-Resignation-Letter-Page-2-of-2-2-791x1024.jpg

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Wayne has at most a few years left before he retires. He should have left years ago. He should have done it when he could hold his head high. Now he will have to resign in disgrace. He needs to go along with his cronies.

The NRA's future will not be determined by who resigns it will be determined by who is put in place of Wayne and the board members who have left in disgrace. We need Young blood not afraid of political fallout not afraid to take on the antis. we don't need more fudds trying to compromise and make deals.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    More here: http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com/2019/08/three-nra-directors-resign-effective.html

I don't know Esther that well but she has raised large amounts of money for the NRA. However, I do know Tim and Sean. They were stalwarts of the grass roots and had devoted immense amounts of time before and after being elected to the board to grass roots efforts. Both Tim and Sean packed their bags and headed to Colorado to help with the recall movement which succeeded in removing Senate President John Morse and Senator Angela Giron from office.

Jury is out for me whether these events spell trouble. Grass roots activists are going to pop up elsewhere. And they will be harder for Bloomberg to target when they are diffuse. A centralized org like the NRA is extremely easy to target. Plus, Bloomberg and Watts will be doing some victory laps and getting complacent. That said, activism takes money. Its easier for centralized orgs to build a fundraising base.

Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    I felt a lot of pride when I decide to upgrade to a Life Membership. But now... not so much. Chris Cox seemed great for his position. Wayne's demeanor, and now his scandals are making me regret sending that check. Wayne needs to leave for the good of the organization.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    When you are raising money, you have to look like money. Its as simple as that. There are a lot of other reasons WLP needs to go, but I find this criticism silly.

So rich people won’t give money to the NRA unless he’s going on $38,000 shopping trips for clothes?
    His champagne taste was for his own ego. I think in broad terms, NRA members are everyday people who are concerned about their gun rights. The fancy pants dress up is a turn off. I would be interested to know though how much of their budget is raised through dues vs. big donors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom