Day Seven, no "not disapproved" still pending. MLK holiday interfere?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    Like clockwork always have received the email notice the morning of day seven. Holiday put it off a day? Maybe jammed up with too many transfers?

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    Same boat. Expected this morning. I looked at the portal and it says in process, or something like that.

If I remember they have seven days to deny, but I doubt my dealer will release with it still pending.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Thx for the warning. In the middle of a transfer to a friend due thursday so I'll be waiting for friday now.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Maybe related to maintenance on licensing portal

Ask for release anyway from ffl on 8th day?

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    Thanks guys. I wondered if that was it. Awaiting my new semi auto Tac 13. Let's shoot some short barreled 12 gauge!

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    It's all sort of ridiculous anyway. The MSP already has everything completed and ready to go. It's an automated system, I doubt that a trooper is assigned to get up early every day, fire up his computer and hit "send" 80 times in a row.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    It's all sort of ridiculous anyway. The MSP already has everything completed and ready to go. It's an automated system, I doubt that a trooper is assigned to get up early every day, fire up his computer and hit "send" 80 times in a row.

Indeed, and if you look at the final 77r, you can even see the date that they ran NICS check.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    It's always 7 actual days EXCEPT!!!!... if the day before the normal release date is a Sunday or a Federal holiday, it will be p[ostponed a day. Since the holiday was on Monday, any 'normal' release date is postponed a day. If you bought a gun on aMonday, it will always be postponed until at least Tuesday. If you bought 1 a week before this Monday, it will be pushed off one day because they can't release after a Sunday, but then be postponed another day because they can't release on the day after a Federal holiday which was this past Monday. There has always been confusion on the release dates since it is kind'a convoluted, however, the advent of the 77R removes most confusion since the Police give the dealer a release date and notify the transferee via email on the day of the release.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom