• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    What are my options for threaded .357 or 45lc lever guns? Looking to hop on the straight wall bandwagon. Odds are good it won't be till next year though with my finances.

I see the Marlin 1894CST, Marlin Dark 1894, Rossi 92 Triple black and Henry X. Am I missing anything for factory threaded lever guns? Any ideas on actual street prices (which will hopefully come down over the next year).

I'd lean 45lc for a deer rifle, but I don't own anything in it. I at least have a revolver in 38spc so I could run that through revolver and rifle for plinking. Probably going to be a number of years before I get a 45lc revolver (though I'd like to get one some day). So I am thinking a .357 lever gun now makes more sense and maybe some year I'll get a 45LC lever gun.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    What are my options for threaded .357 or 45lc lever guns? Looking to hop on the straight wall bandwagon. Odds are good it won't be till next year though with my finances.

I see the Marlin 1894CST, Marlin Dark 1894, Rossi 92 Triple black and Henry X. Am I missing anything for factory threaded lever guns? Any ideas on actual street prices (which will hopefully come down over the next year).

I'd lean 45lc for a deer rifle, but I don't own anything in it. I at least have a revolver in 38spc so I could run that through revolver and rifle for plinking. Probably going to be a number of years before I get a 45lc revolver (though I'd like to get one some day). So I am thinking a .357 lever gun now makes more sense and maybe some year I'll get a 45LC lever gun.

No thoughts on the available threaded rifles per se. But should you wind up with both rifles, don't be surprised if you find yourself shooting the .357 more. They're all fun, but to me at least, there's just something special about .357 in a lever gun.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I'm guessing that the threading is for a suppressor, so for those who have these, how effective is the suppression on a .357 lever gun?

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I have an 1894 in 44 mag that is threaded. I can’t think of a better deer gun for up to 150 yards. 357 is a little under powered for a big buck in my opinion.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I'm guessing that the threading is for a suppressor, so for those who have these, how effective is the suppression on a .357 lever gun?

Correct and seems to work well the bit I’ve seen. Of course you’d be shooting with super sonic ammo for deer and a loud crack. But should still reduce upsetting the animal some on a miss. Also hearing safe which is what I care about.

Generally where I’d be hunting I am likely to have 75yd or less shots. If I ever have private property I’d be hunting it’s likely either rifle county and I wouldn’t be using a lever gun or I’d splurge and get a heavier hitter.

Whatever can I get I want it to handle 45 and be sufficiently strong to handle something like 45 super out of a pistol or 45LC out of a rifle. Don’t need to to handle .45-70 or anything like that.

I want something I can use on pistols, but it’s primary job would be suppressing a PCC or a lever gun for things like deer or varmints (I hear a 147gr JHP 9mm or 230gr .45 makes very large holes in ground hogs and I don’t need to shoot them last maybe 60-80yds).

A juice 45LC out of a rifle or 45 super out of a pistol is the most powerful thing I think is ever run through the can.

Though I’d look at one of the strong .45+ caliber silencers if I think I might decide on 450 bushmaster for a straight wall platform (unlikely).

I don’t own a lever gun. I’ve shot a couple and enjoyed them. So that’s the direction I want to go. Caliber overlap with something I own is a huge plus. With something I’d like to own isn’t quiet as good, but is fine. Don’t have a reason for a .45-70 or an AR straight wall platform (perfectly valid for other guys and my 6.5G AR is maybe my favorite deer rifle, but can’t use it around where I am).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom