• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Duckncover

Jan 14, 2021
    howard county
    I have an A300 and its my only semi auto shotgun. So far its been flawless over the years but a friend wants to buy it and I want something “nicer.” My question is, what are some models that will match the ergonomics and feel of the A300? Id rather not have to “relearn” a new shotgun, rather Id like something with the same feel as the Beretta but a little more polished and smoother. It will be primarily used for trap and skeet. Also, in the ballpark of $1500.

jstolz

Aug 28, 2018
    Glen Burnie
    I’m not the best expert, but why not stick to beretta. I think the A400 is similar in terms of ergonomics. They also have guns in the price range.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    The beretta A400 is a fantastic semi platform imho. Variations for any SG purpose. I own three and love each. Coles sells some tricked out upgraded versions for clays as well.

Duckncover

Jan 14, 2021
    howard county
    oh man that thing looks sweet. Im not sure why but I passed over it when looking around. recoil dampening? check. 3 1/2 chamber option? check. same ergos as an a300 (it looks)? check.
    thanks gentlemen I appreciate the advice!

EliteContent

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 3, 2013
    This duck season I upgraded my A300 to the A400 Xtreme Plus.

You will not be disappointed. For me the stepped rib was a game changer.

Look around. I got mine off of grab a gun (transferred and out the door) for under 1550.

My second runner up was the SBE3. As I get older, I wanted a softer shooter, so gas gun it is.

Good luck.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    I don’t know if you consider this in the ballpark or not? I can’t see the ding on the rib but I’m on my phone. Definitely an upgrade. May take a little getting used to but very few people go back to autos after shooting an O/U unless they are sensitive to recoil and don’t want to shoot lighter shells.

https://www.joeletchenguns.com/used...1-sporting/view/6150-silver-pigeon-1-sporting

Etchen’s is great to deal with. With the current state of affairs don’t let your gun go until you have a new one in hand. It looks like the only A400’s they have are field guns which aren’t bad but not quite as nice as a target model. If you can make the drive up there so much the better. Good Luck.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    This duck season I upgraded my A300 to the A400 Xtreme Plus.

You will not be disappointed. For me the stepped rib was a game changer.

I got the Xtreme Plus in camo. Nice shotgun.

Beretta A 400. Lot of my friends shoot them skeet and sporting clays. Just don't get a blue one:sad20:.

I heard this from the owner of a blue A400. He preferred my AL391.
    With that said, shooting wise, both are the same to me. Cleaning, however, the 400 is better.

kfrede86

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2010
    St. Marys
    I started with an A300 and upgraded to an A400 last year. I'd highly recommend checking out the A400 as many others have already said. You won't be disappointed.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    ...With the current state of affairs don’t let your gun go until you have a new one in hand. ...

If you don’t take anything else from this thread ^^^FOLLOW THIS ADVICE!!!!^^^

I am aware of at least two acquaintances within the last 45 days or so who sold a gun with the intention of and before they’d actually purchased another and regret doesn’t even come close to describing what they’re left with, at this point. And they live here where with a state CHP buying a firearm is as easy as, well, it don’t matter if what they are after can’t even be ordered!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom