• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Has anyone heard if one has been submitted for approval yet?

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Don't know how Maryland or if they have submitted it yet. But did get to fondle 1 at Chantilly. Pretty nice. And price was reasonable. They use proprietary mags which may be tuff to come by?

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    You can buy one and have it submitted if you really want it. I bet Duffy's would do the paperwork if you fund the pistol.

silverwolf

Feb 14, 2011
    It looks like they approved the SP9A1. I assume this means the A2 has not been approved yet, and the A3 will need to go through the approval process as well?

mangleu

Jan 29, 2020
    I don't believe they have started shipping them yet. I assume Dan from Maryland Elite Firearms will submit one as soon as they come in.
    From Global Ordinance per a3 release.

"Had it not been for Covid-19 delays in shipping, would already be but soon, very very soon."

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

mangleu

Jan 29, 2020
    Some retailers are getting in stock, we'll have to await approval from the board, so the wait continues.
    b0198aa3edb94e8c96107eb3abb56d73.jpg

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    First US blogger review of the new A3 was uploaded to youtube yesterday. It had a couple problems with different types of ammo and with rounds getting behind the bolt face and dropping into the trigger pocket. After watching this review I plan to wait ~6 months to see if they can fix these problems before buying it.

https://youtu.be/LxtoMnISQvk

mangleu

Jan 29, 2020
    First US blogger review of the new A3 was uploaded to youtube yesterday. It had a couple problems with different types of ammo and with rounds getting behind the bolt face and dropping into the trigger pocket. After watching this review I plan to wait ~6 months to see if they can fix these problems before buying it.

Nice find! I agree that failure to eject and placing a round in the trigger group was bad. Thanks for sharing!

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013

it is but a copy of what HK has perfected . but I do hope they get it fixed. just kinda sad it hit the market with issues.

mangleu

Jan 29, 2020
    it is but a copy of what HK has perfected . but I do hope they get it fixed. just kinda sad it hit the market with issues.
    Agreed, well see as more of these get into the hands of others and get better picture.

mangleu

Jan 29, 2020
    Can anyone confirm if a submission to the board has been placed for the sp9a3? Currently the closing date is 8/20/20 and I was curious if a paperwork variance request or a sample has been provided.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    It has not been submitted yet, but they are working on it.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom