• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dowtom

Nov 29, 2014
    Halethorpe
    Anyone have a running Talley for building an ak (pistol) with an 80 percent blank ?

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Depends on the kit used, barrel used, etc.

I spent a hell of a lot more than I planned on mine, but I also wound up re-doing the receiver and buying some tooling to do my stuff at home.

Don't ask how much it cost me, cause even I don't want to know -

63D-AMD65 Build 6.jpg

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    The lowest priced parts kits are periodically on sale for $215-225, but average is $300 and up. Add blank, rails, barrel, pistol trunnion, rivets, mags, and any accessories or tools you gotta have to that price as well. You'd be lucky to get in under the price of a production zastava ak pistol, but you wouldn't be asking if you didn't know the other benefits of building it yourself.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    My Hungarian kit came in at about $330 shipped, another $150 for 12.5" AMD barrel, the aforementioned odds/ends (rails, rivets, etc.).

Honestly, you can buy them cheaper pre-built, but where's the fun in that?

Clutch

Jan 10, 2013
    Severn
    My Hungarian kit came in at about $330 shipped, another $150 for 12.5" AMD barrel, the aforementioned odds/ends (rails, rivets, etc.).

Honestly, you can buy them cheaper pre-built, but where's the fun in that?

Putting a stamp and stock on it. But I hear ya.

Dowtom

Nov 29, 2014
    Halethorpe
    The lowest priced parts kits are periodically on sale for $215-225, but average is $300 and up. Add blank, rails, barrel, pistol trunnion, rivets, mags, and any accessories or tools you gotta have to that price as well. You'd be lucky to get in under the price of a production zastava ak pistol, but you wouldn't be asking if you didn't know the other benefits of building it yourself.

Yes I am quite aware building your own doesn't mean cheaper and the associated pros of building vs buying.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Sweet. What do you have in mind for the stock?

I actually like the Zhukov folder, tried one out on a pre-ban Saiga-12 and enjoyed it.

So I'll likely go that route since the usual com-bloc folders don't hold much appeal to me - too uncomfortable to get a good cheek-weld.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    It was a pistol in the beginning, but then I SBR'd it.

As a pistol it only cost about $440 to build. Then you get into the grey area where specialty parts caused it to rack up quick. As it sits in the safe, I've got $1950 or so into it with the can, stamps, folding stock, and 2-stage trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom