• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DucksRFlyin

Jul 31, 2016
    With the proliferation of so so many AR pistol variants and combos, how does the Handgun roster apply to this? What about home-built from 80% AR pistols? Perfectly legal if not transferred, but does the dreaded roster apply and how??

k9guy

Feb 12, 2011
    Unfortunately the way MD law is written any complete AR pistol must be on the roster to be purchased in MD, just like any pistol. I know it’s stupid and to have every variation of AR pistol the roster would be as big as 10 phone books, but that’s the law.

The very best way to do an AR pistol is to start out with just the receiver and build it from there, then it does not have to be on the roster. I know it’s dumb but this is MD.

Sh00bs

Jul 15, 2016
    when you buy a lower - depending where you purchase from, the place may let you list it as O for other if you tell them you dont know what you want to build it into yet. then if you decide pistol, you're "suppose" to change it with the registry. mine is still listed as O, i have my hql and am not too worried about it. just food for thought

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    when you buy a lower - depending where you purchase from, the place may let you list it as O for other if you tell them you dont know what you want to build it into yet. then if you decide pistol, you're "suppose" to change it with the registry. mine is still listed as O, i have my hql and am not too worried about it. just food for thought

This. All my lowers as well as my brides are "other".

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

There is absolutely NO requirement in state law, or otherwise, that if you purchase a receiver marked as O, and then build it into a pistol, that you notify MSP (or anyone else) to have anything changed.

As a matter of fact, per ATF guidance, ALL receivers should be marked as O when sold.

pp55ftw

Jan 8, 2019
    Yep-I have a lot of others that I occasionally make into rifles or pistols depending on my mood. I haven't lost any pistols in a boating accident yet but I have loss many "others".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom