• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noahhh

Jan 28, 2009
    Arnold,Md
    I've never had anything but positive experiences at Hendershot's. I liked the old store but disliked the hike to get to it. I bought a few high quality rifles at the Hagerstown store over the years, not because I'm rich but because I'm willing to save/budget for good things. Lance and his crew always made me feel welcome. I'm saddened to see them leave.

xChaZx

Apr 26, 2014
    Smithsburg, MD
    They did me a good service when I requested them to remove the side sling loop from a H&K stock and put it on my lever action rifle stock. Sad to see them going away.

SigDog

Feb 11, 2013
    West Virginia
    Been going to Hendershot's (Hancock) since a time long ago when a teenager could walk in and buy a couple of boxes of .22LR ammo without a SWAT team showing up.
    Parents bought my first gun there, used single shot .410.
    Bought my first handgun there, Colt Python, 4", blue, $250 (Damn, I wish I hadn't sold that one!).
    Never really took a shine to the Hagerstown location, but I did go in when passing by.
    Looking forward to the "new" Hancock store.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I just won a rifle through Gunbroker and it was being sold by Hendershots. Called and asked if they were willing to transfer it to me directly, and they said "no problem" ! Saved me 35 bucks in shipping.

Nothing but a pleasant experience! Sorry to see them go further away!

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    I just won a rifle through Gunbroker and it was being sold by Hendershots. Called and asked if they were willing to transfer it to me directly, and they said "no problem" ! Saved me 35 bucks in shipping.

Nothing but a pleasant experience! Sorry to see them go further away!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    I heard Hendershots was moving into the old Appalachian bow shop across the street from the old building

That would be a better choice than there old building , The old building only had a window A/C way up high and not enough to cool the place even a little in the summer and the heating in the winter wasn't much better . Don't forget to pay the parking meters that's a lot of the towns revenue so there on it in a heart beat .

Rolo

Mar 13, 2019
    Washington county
    That would be a better choice than there old building , The old building only had a window A/C way up high and not enough to cool the place even a little in the summer and the heating in the winter wasn't much better . Don't forget to pay the parking meters that's a lot of the towns revenue so there on it in a heart beat .

Ive seen them working in the old bow shop in the last couple weeks

cyclops

Dec 31, 2016
    Western Md.
    I second the advice about the parking meters in hancock. They hung a ticket on my car within a couple of minutes of the time running out. I hope Hendershots will have a business parking lot if they don't I probably won't be a customer.

EarnestT

In the hollow
    Aug 18, 2013
    Not in Maryland
    I second the advice about the parking meters in hancock. They hung a ticket on my car within a couple of minutes of the time running out. I hope Hendershots will have a business parking lot if they don't I probably won't be a customer.

No business parking lots in Hancock. No room.

Rolo

Mar 13, 2019
    Washington county
    There is a parking lot across the street from the new location. Right beside the old building. And I've noticed the security people in the new building and them moving display case's in

Rolo

Mar 13, 2019
    Washington county
    Was told today that Hendershots is by appointment only. They are concentrating on the on line and reloading more than a walk in gun store. This cane from a former employee.

304tothecore

Sep 10, 2018
    Washington County, MD
    Was told today that Hendershots is by appointment only. They are concentrating on the on line and reloading more than a walk in gun store. This cane from a former employee.
    A buddy and I actually went there about a month ago. The doors are locked but the owners let us in and we purchased some stuff. It still sucks they moved out of the Hagerstown location. The owners wife said that someone was considering moving into the Htown site and opening the range back up.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    For (mumble) decades , the Original Hendershots in Hancock , even if it was a destination road trip .

Nowadays , my prefered gun store in the Hancock area is in Berckley Springs WV . The pawn shop next door to the 7-11 on the main drag . It is one of those "pawn shops " that is 95% old school gun store, and 5% pawn business .( Unlike the pawn shop on the south end of town that is primarily a pawn business , and close to half their firearms inventory is brightly colored SCCY's .

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable

Blows my mind how these small towns work so hard on driving anyone away who could bring money to their downtown. I understand that they dont want their downtown used as a parking lot, but that can easily be addressed with a parking time limitation, but if I try to stop somewhere and they want me to pay just to park, I usually just say 'eff it' and stop somewhere they want my business.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Yeah but that was only during the time that the sporting goods manager lady in charge has a husband who reloaded. Used to be the managers could carry what the wanted. I bought a lot of reloading supplies at that WM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom