• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alexp08

May 16, 2013
    is the Utah CC license still a thing? I had one about 5 years ago. It has since experired however I will be taking the class for maryland based on being a business owner, etc. Wondering if I should get utah as well

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    Utah is still a thing. Covers most states that are not north with the only notable exceptions of South Carolina and Florida last I checked. All typical anti-2A states obviously not covered either.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    If you go to FL, get an FL non-resident permit. When I did my Utah class, it also sufficed for FL.

NH permit used to be a thing for PA, but PA dropped all reciprocity on non-resident permits.

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    I keep Utal and FL. Both current, let my VA expire as of last year.
    Best we can do in this state for traveling around

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    Not Utal “over fl.
    I keep them both current.
    Who knows what states will honor what permit in future as depending on state elections that can change.
    Yes live fire was reguired for fl permit but not utal. Both were 4 hour class.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Just Wisconsin and Washington State am I correct?

FL does not accept ANY non-resident permit.

Adding FL to having UT adds FL, NM.

SC and CO do not honor any non-resident permits, and do not issue non-resident permits. SC you must own property. CO you must reside there.

IL does not recognize any other permits, and while they do issue non-resident permits, only for residents of certain states. MD is not one of them.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    If I’ve got MD resident CCW, UT and PA non-resident, does FL get me anything but FL. Is there another state I should look at? Any recommendations on DC beyond, “don’t go there”?

Get a DC non-res permit.

For the first part, Handgunlaw.us and do the research.

CZ Peasy

Jun 29, 2012
    If I’ve got MD resident CCW, UT and PA non-resident, does FL get me anything but FL. Is there another state I should look at? Any recommendations on DC beyond, “don’t go there”?

Get the CCW app by Workman Consulting. It lets you input various permits and see on a map where you are valid.

MD resident

Jul 31, 2022
    Calvert
    FL does not accept ANY non-resident permit.

Adding FL to having UT adds FL, NM.

SC and CO do not honor any non-resident permits, and do not issue non-resident permits. SC you must own property. CO you must reside there.

IL does not recognize any other permits, and while they do issue non-resident permits, only for residents of certain states. MD is not one of them.
    On one of the CCW web sites I was looking at it says SC honors resident MD permit. I haven’t really look into any further. Best I can tell if you want to carry in Fl and possibly PA you will need a permit from each. Again I haven’t spent really any time researching this.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    I just renewed my UT permit. I had to watch a video online and then check a box to confirm it.

Fee Non Residential $25.00
    Convenience Fee $0.75
    Total Amount:$25.75

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom