• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    So on the managed hunts are you alone or are you partnered up with a mentor?

At the hunt at Fair Hill NMRA they put you at a spot then drive the deer which hopefully move past your spot, you shoot, then they pick up the deer and haul them to a central location for butchering. So you have help all the way through.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Some of the public places are overwhelmed because they are easy to get into. We hunt a spot for friends to thin deer near Greenbriar State park where they allow hunting. We hunt to thin her deer down up until November and never go back until next September. There is literally an orange army on that mountain as soon a rifle and black powder come in. We can see the orange hats and jackets all over the mountain. You can see deer driving to her place but never see one in the morning after the sun comes up. The deer go nocturnal and it is difficult to even hunt private land near there.

I know guys that just hunt public land but they do the work and find spots that most will not work hard enough to get to them.

Last edited:

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Doing the Texas online deal this week.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

The first part is always online. Unless things have changed, there is also an in person section. It’s probably too late for this year, but it’s required in order to get a hunting license.

bigmanindc

Nov 3, 2018
    DMV
    At the hunt at Fair Hill NMRA they put you at a spot then drive the deer which hopefully move past your spot, you shoot, then they pick up the deer and haul them to a central location for butchering. So you have help all the way through.

I hope I get chose!!!!!!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    As a new hunter you are required to hunt at least 5 times (preferably 10) before getting a kill. Learning from your mistakes each time out. It is a requirement honored by your fellow hunters.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    As a new hunter you are required to hunt at least 5 times (preferably 10) before getting a kill. Learning from your mistakes each time out. It is a requirement honored by your fellow hunters.

If you count times as days, mine was only 3 and then...

Attachments

• 3A27058D-B5F9-4D64-825E-76ACA08DF851.jpg
      3A27058D-B5F9-4D64-825E-76ACA08DF851.jpg
      145.6 KB · Views: 139

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    But I did also spend a lot of time scouting, asking questions, practicing, research.

This is my 6th season and still haven’t gotten a deer that big since then (a heck of a lot of deer since then though).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom