• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    T/C Hawkens I have does not stay at 1/2 cock when I pull back hammer . Well sometimes . But if I pull back hammer and push trigger forward it will lock into 1/2 cock. Use to be able to just pull back and trigger would lock/ stay at half cock. Took apart , just pulled out housing / unit so to speak and see no damage or see where anything broke or sheared off. Trying to explain so forgive me if my terminology is not correct. It holds at half once in . Anyone experience this or have an idea. It was my fathers and I want to keep it correctly functioning.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    TRIGGER MECHANISM CONT’D ADJUSTMENT OF THE SET TRIGGER•

The adjustment screw located in front of the rear trigger controls the amount of set trigger engagement. This adjustment screw has no affect on single stage trigger pull! Single stage trigger pull is non-adjustable .•
    The set triggers on T/C rifles are adjusted to our production standard before shipment. Triggers are adjusted to what we feel is an optimum let-off travel.•

In order to check the adjustment for let-off travel, the following procedure should be used: With the rifle uncharged and un-primed, place the hammer in half-cock position. Set the rear trigger. With the trigger “set”, carefully turn the adjustment screw clockwise until the trigger mechanism “snaps” into “unset” position. Stop turning the instant the mechanism “snaps”.

Do not turn the adjustment screw beyond this point for it marks the instant of total set trigger disengagement. Once the mechanism “snaps”,turn the adjustment screw counter clockwise one full turn

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom