• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Eastwind

Nice!
    May 3, 2020
    I'm eyeballing that 11.5 inch... looks like it would make for a good commando clone.

FrKSsKi.jpg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Too good....looks to be sold out already.
    That's how it is. As soon as they "inform me", they post them and they vanish just as fast. I always tell people, go to as many sites you can find within the price range you can absorb, and get on their waiting lists. I've gotten a few that way and I've never paid over $260 for one.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    They are cheapest around and that’s the best price anywhere from what I’ve seen. I picked up three of them a couple years ago when they were 240 apiece. In today’s environment, I would jump on their current price. And they are legit barrels. I’m currently using one in a build at the moment.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    They are cheapest around and that’s the best price anywhere from what I’ve seen. I picked up three of them a couple years ago when they were 240 apiece. In today’s environment, I would jump on their current price. And they are legit barrels. I’m currently using one in a build at the moment.
    Yep. In today's insane market, $280 is a damn good price. :thumbsup:

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Now that I was finally able to get one of these 14.5" SOCOM barrels, any suggestions on a good device that is MD legal for the muzzle would be appreciated. As I am reading, I need to get a muzzle device added to reach 16". And that device must be pinned and welded/permanently attached? Any shops that are trustworthy to do the work? I live in St Mary's but can travel for a place that does good work. 1st attempt at building an upper. Thank you for any recommendations.

Or you could SBR it :)

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I've been planning to make a 14.5 inch pistol with a twist. Want to make a AR with a masterkey shotgun mounted under the barrel. If I do a rifle...there's a tax stamp for the shorty shotgun mounted to a rifle (adding a stock to a sbs) and possibly destructive device.

As a pistol...no stock and add a shockwave/tac 14 and it should be like attaching a pistol to a pistol...in theory, I'm curious what the NFA brain trust thinks. Other than why I want one...

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I've been planning to make a 14.5 inch pistol with a twist. Want to make a AR with a masterkey shotgun mounted under the barrel. If I do a rifle...there's a tax stamp for the shorty shotgun mounted to a rifle (adding a stock to a sbs) and possibly destructive device.

As a pistol...no stock and add a shockwave/tac 14 and it should be like attaching a pistol to a pistol...in theory, I'm curious what the NFA brain trust thinks. Other than why I want one...
    Subscribed...;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom