• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    In these instances I imagine the reviewer’s stack of forms spill off their desk and they then process them in the order they were picked up.

I've found the Redddit NFA thread to be the best indicator, as many others don't get updated as regularly. Seems 120-160 days is current, but every now and again there is a terrifying 300-500+ day approval.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I finally got my electronic prints saved so I can print on demand, but before that I would have loved to have SilencerShop offer a service where they received my cover sheet electronically, printed my kiosk prints, and mails it all to ATF.

How does one get electronic prints saved, and is there something special you need to print them on?

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Good for you guys!

My form 4 trust went in to ATF 11 days before yours did.

Fingers crossed here, but not holding my breath.
    Don’t worry, I’ve still got 3 items in NFA jail. One was submitted a month prior to the one that showed up approved at my dealer today, and two were mailed on the same day as it. All Form 4/Silencer Shop Single Shot Trust. Who knows when any is that stuff will show up. Was hoping for a batch approval, but I guess that wasn’t in the cards.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    How does one get electronic prints saved, and is there something special you need to print them on?
    @teratos
    I guess technically I didn't get electronic prints saved. If I had access to a LiveScan terminal, I would have tried to get the digital file somehow so I can reuse that.

I did basically what some Arfcommers did in this thread:
    Who can do fingerprint cards? - AR15.com

I took a set of print cards that I had done at 2A Sales & Supplies and scanned them. Then digitally cut out the prints from the background and inserted the prints and text into a document I made, and printed them onto the free print cards from ATF. I used PowerPoint and MS Paint, because that's what I had available to me. In the above thread, PhotoShop makes it easier.

Were I starting from scratch, I'd print myself onto a blank sheet of paper and scan that; it would make it easier to manipulate digitally without having to remove the light blue lines from the FBI cards. (Invariably ink prints end up straddling one of the lines).

Net effect though, is that I have a document with my prints and all of the text that I can print on demand onto blue cards. If I ever need to print them on completely blank cards, I can do that as well - just add the ATF NFA ORI.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Good for you guys!

My form 4 trust went in to ATF 11 days before yours did.

Fingers crossed here, but not holding my breath.

Don’t worry, I’ve still got 3 items in NFA jail. One was submitted a month prior to the one that showed up approved at my dealer today, and two were mailed on the same day as it. All Form 4/Silencer Shop Single Shot Trust. Who knows when any is that stuff will show up. Was hoping for a batch approval, but I guess that wasn’t in the cards.

Success!

My April 13 form 4 trust submission led to a call from Engage Armament today, September 19, that the stamp arrived.

Five months and three days.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    eForm 1 submitted 8/11
    Debit Card charged 8/21

Still waiting on cover letter to send in prints.
    5-1/2 weeks with zero action.

Is this normal for them? I’m totally new to the eForm process...been about six years since my last NFA item. I just submitted my first eForm 1 on 9/16...credit card was charged within seconds of submitting and I received the email with the cover letter like 2 minutes later. Thought they only give you 10 days to send prints with the cover letter after you submit the eForm?

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    eForm 1 submitted 8/11
    Debit Card charged 8/21

Still waiting on cover letter to send in prints.
    5-1/2 weeks with zero action.

I know this sounds stupid, but did you check for your cover letter on your phone or on a desk top? For whatever reason my cover letters and approved stamps wont come through on my phone so I have to log in from a desk top to get them.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    I know this sounds stupid, but did you check for your cover letter on your phone or on a desk top? For whatever reason my cover letters and approved stamps wont come through on my phone so I have to log in from a desk top to get them.

Yep this....thankfully a friend informed me of this ahead of time and sure enough, was only visible from my laptop but not phone.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Had another form 4 approval come through in record time. Check cashed 4 May and Stamp showed up at dealer today. It is another meme suppressor (Gemtech Aurora II), but it’ll fit well in a get home bag I guess. 10% serious business, 90% meme, 30% militaria collecting, 70% I had a gift card. 200% awesome.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Two form 20’s for out of state travel, 14 days.

They were Disapproved the first time i submitted them since the “transporting to” address did not include a street number. The “transporting to” address is raw land and does not have an address and using only the street name didnt work. I had to use GPS coordinates for the for the address.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom