• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    If things are really going to pot, phased plasma rifle in a 40 watt range. Or a 10mm pulse rifle. That’s do in a pinch as well.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Ar’s for wife and daughter , 556, 22 handguns for them . The boys and I Ar 308 , commie 762 and shotguns of coarse , 9’s , 40, 45 . Heck grandkids make it over 22’s and 410 for them . I would have my DD 308 , Sig 226 and a shotgun near by if not slung on my back. Close quarters I want a shotgun.

Too much going on there. My group of compatriots has a standardized load out for SHTF. We can swap mags, ammo, parts if necessary. YMMV

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    Too much going on there. My group of compatriots has a standardized load out for SHTF. We can swap mags, ammo, parts if necessary. YMMV

Same in our neighborhood / sub-d. Between the 25 of us we got all bases covered. We’re lucky that many of us are former MIL, nurses and even a former Army Trauma Surgeon. It’s very interesting how serious everyone is taking the current situation, there is a real concern that things may de-volve quickly after the election.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    11.5" barrels are pretty marginal for getting M193 to 2700+ fps. They'll do it at the muzzle, but if you start getting out to a hundred yards, it might dip below that threshold. There is a reason people recommend stuff like Hornady TAP and Speer Gold Dots in these SBRs...

You are correct about further distances.The 11.5” is for HD/SD. I’m primarily concerned with someone very close that is ready to kill me. If the threat is farther away and I just put a hole in them, so be it. At least it is a hit and hopefully deters them. I would prefer a better bullet choice but it’s too hard to find premium ammo right now, so until MK262 comes in stock more, I trust M193 to work.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    It’s very interesting how serious everyone is taking the current situation, there is a real concern that things may de-volve quickly after the election.

If things get insane then I would think a close in rifle would be best, but a bolt action may be highly useful before things get to your driveway.

BTW just a casual observation at the gun range: Before the pandemic I would say the fat old white guy demographic was somewhere around the 90% level whenever I went. The last couple of times I have gone lately I'd say FOWG was somewhere around 20% of the customers.

It seems like a lot of people in very different communities are preparing for the worst.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    Just completed this build, it’s now in the rotation.

Attachments

• 321D0DC8-022B-4B03-8527-D9590BB24AEF.jpg
      321D0DC8-022B-4B03-8527-D9590BB24AEF.jpg
      64.6 KB · Views: 374

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I still keep a club for backup. It's fun to legitimize the need to buy new weapons, but I'm sure everyone here has plenty already.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Just completed this build, it’s now in the rotation.

Shoulda gone with an SB3... now you just need to upgrade it. Get rid of all the A2 parts. Get rid of the quad rail. Get some pmags. Get rid of the HK style rear sight. Put it in safe. Buy a new trigger, and they you're almost done.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    Shoulda gone with an SB3... now you just need to upgrade it. Get rid of all the A2 parts. Get rid of the quad rail. Get some pmags. Get rid of the HK style rear sight. Put it in safe. Buy a new trigger, and they you're almost done.

I am very happy with this build, I like my A2 parts, I like my rails, I like my KAC rear sight, I like my sionics trigger, I like my Colt fbi hrt barrel, I like my colt bcg, I like my VLTOR A5 receiver extension, I like my SB4 brace much more than my SB3s, I like my KAC receiver set and I like how it shoots. But if I want to shoot what you recommend, I’ll just get this one ;)

Attachments

• 62303D11-9D50-48BD-91B6-AB79929413BB.jpg
      62303D11-9D50-48BD-91B6-AB79929413BB.jpg
      21.9 KB · Views: 258

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    At this point I’d say 1. Whatever weapon you are comfortable with 2. Whatever you can find ammo for.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland

We all have our likes and dislikes. I say build what you want and enjoy....

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    Frankly, 1895 Guide Gun. Not much goes on down here in good ole North Carolina. In terms of primary? Sure the capacity sucks, but I can drop 300gr moving at 2,054 FPS on targets with steadfast reliability. Intimately familiar with the rifle. That’s talking about defense.

If you’re going to troop up with another crew of people...AR anything in 5.56 for everyone. As stated, mag sharing, parts sharing, etc. No brainer

In the house is shotgun alley. Always have an assortment of pistols in 9mm in the house or on my person as well.

Future will ultimately decide for us as a victor emerges...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    you knuckleheads aren't shooting anyone. you all think its some kind of video game,with fires in the sky,homes on fire and tanks with gunners driving down the street. grow up. what will happen is your overlords will come knocking and you'll surrender your firearms.

LongRanger300

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 14, 2020
    you knuckleheads aren't shooting anyone. you all think its some kind of video game,with fires in the sky,homes on fire and tanks with gunners driving down the street. grow up. what will happen is your overlords will come knocking and you'll surrender your firearms.

This is the most likely scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom