• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Well there's a benefit of having a YouTube channel and being invited to industry events. One of which is that you get to see products before they are on the market :party29:

Last week at the Big 3 media event, Sean and I took the brand new PSA KS47 for a test ride and spoke to the PSA rep about the gun.

This gun is puts the CMMG Mutant to shame and is $500 cheaper :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cByDKdIlhMM

[YT]cByDKdIlhMM[/YT]

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Well there's a benefit of having a YouTube channel and being invited to industry events. One of which is that you get to see products before they are on the market :party29:

Last week at the Big 3 media event, Sean and I took the brand new PSA KS47 for a test ride and spoke to the PSA rep about the gun.

This gun is puts the CMMG Mutant to shame and is $500 cheaper :thumbsup:

That's what I'm talking about fellas, but here's the big question. Will they sell to MD residents, and can you just get a complete lower?

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Did they happen to mention if they were going to do a KS74? I know it wouldn't be as popular, but I've got a 5.45x39 upper and wouldn't mind losing the AR-545 magazines.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Great job ! Was wondering if it has last round open ? How was the recoil ? May have to add 1 to the list lol

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Did they happen to mention if they were going to do a KS74? I know it wouldn't be as popular, but I've got a 5.45x39 upper and wouldn't mind losing the AR-545 magazines.

I didnt ask and he didnt mention itso I'm guessing no.

Great job ! Was wondering if it has last round open ? How was the recoil ? May have to add 1 to the list lol

I asked about the last round hold open. They did that on purpose so it was more like the AK.

Recoil was nothing! Follow up shots were insanley quick! Thats why i put that last clip at the end of the video :thumbsup:

I'm adding one to my list too. It was of my favorite guns from last week

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Did you happen to talk to them about the issues of Marylanders buying lowers and such from them ? Could be a issue to purchase 1 of these :-(

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Did you happen to talk to them about the issues of Marylanders buying lowers and such from them ? Could be a issue to purchase 1 of these :-(

Why is it different than mutant per Maryland? Is it because its an AR 15 lower rather than an AR 10 lower?

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Wish I could tell you but if you go look on here about PSA and firearms ( especially ar related) there are a lot of canceled orderes because they don't want to sell to people in md because of there legal department. I'll see if I can dig a few of the posts up.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Why is it different than mutant per Maryland? Is it because its an AR 15 lower rather than an AR 10 lower?
    Palmetto doesn't sell AR lowers to MD Residents, surprised you didn't know that. Some dealers have been working with them, but by the time you go through a third party a lot of the good or specialized stuff is gone. Also will the lowers be sold separately?

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD

This ^^^

I have two 5.45 uppers. The ASC magazines run decently but if I could get another platform in that caliber then I'd be down.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    This is a bit old but here is a post here about it. Maybe they have changed there stance? Not sure if they are that way about all guns for Marylanders or not. But it seems they haven't truly warmed up to the idea in the past. If I'm wrong please correct me because I don't want to miss inform people.
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=179798

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Interesting. Piston, direct gas impingement? If you can buy the lower, it would make for an interesting build.

Building on these questions, what range of mags can be used with the lower? And the BCG could be any of the ones designed for 7.62x39 that are out there (like the one that AIM sells)?

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    So after watching the latest video with Robski and Adam the hint that there will be available in other calibers. So perhaps that 5.45 x39 upper may have a different use. Also I have to find it but there is another company making the same lower in a 80% I'll find the link and post it.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Palmetto doesn't sell AR lowers to MD Residents, surprised you didn't know that. Some dealers have been working with them, but by the time you go through a third party a lot of the good or specialized stuff is gone. Also will the lowers be sold separately?

I actually didnt realize that. I live under a rock sometimes :shrug:

I'll email the guys directly that i met and see what type of "offical" answer i get

BradyWarrior

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2014
    Maryland
    A couple of the IPs here can help you get PSA merchandise. PSA will let Marylanders order Ruger 10/22s, VZ-2008s, and presumably handguns but I've never tried that. Dealers can order whatever they want and sell it to you, PSA just won't let Maryland customers place orders directly for EBRs.

Everything else, lowers, and completes - AR-10s, and AR-15s, no go. I spent two months pestering the crap out of them in 2015, had dealers write letters, no luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom