My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Thanks! See you then.

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    Alright, where's Stevarado with a tool spread sheet? All though Tc has got all the tooling needed I could see everybody showing up with a BFH and waiting in line for a dremel

Since he's not participating on this one I cleaned up the sheet from the last year and added some of the names that have been confirmed. TC and Foodpoision, I left your tools on there from before.

Everyone, please download the latest version and add any tools that you are bringing.

Attachments

• AK Build Party 5 110516 V1.xls
      310.5 KB · Views: 146

Clutch

Jan 10, 2013
    Severn
    Tool update

Updated file to V2 with what I can/will bring. I have a trigger guard screw plate (listed as Other tool) which I'll bring. 2x dremels. I'll bring my spot welder but it is 240 and I do not yet have the appropriate tips for it. May get them in time, may not.

Attachments

• AK Build Party 5 110516 V2.xls
      317 KB · Views: 154

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    Forgot to mention that I made a fixture for cutting the notch back receviers. I'll bring it if anyone wants to use it.

Attachments

• IMAG3033.jpg
      IMAG3033.jpg
      72.6 KB · Views: 243
    • IMAG3041r.jpg
      IMAG3041r.jpg
      58.8 KB · Views: 243
    • IMAG3042r.jpg
      IMAG3042r.jpg
      86.6 KB · Views: 238

Striknine

Jan 19, 2013
    Updated to V3 with tools I'm bringing. Drill press is a HF table top. I also have a 20ton press I can bring if need be.

Attachments

• AK Build Party 5 110516 V3.xls
      607 KB · Views: 142
    Last edited:

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    I'm super pumped about this party o will be bring water soda and tea. I hope I have everything I need I forgot a trigger and had to pick up a tapco locally for expensive lol

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I have a canted front sight but can't make it in this weekend. I paid a "gun smith" to add a Bulgarian FSB and thread the barrel on my Norinco sporter that I 922r'd. When I got it to the range I had to adjust my front sight all the way to the right to get on target. It looked terrible. I should have kept the original FSB... doh! I called back to get it and of course it was nowhere to be found. Can anyone recommend a smith to fix my issue? I know the guys at rifle dynamics line up the FSB overbore the pin holes and use a larger pin to pin it. I live in AA county.

foodpoison

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    the Dena
    I have a canted front sight but can't make it in this weekend. I paid a "gun smith" to add a Bulgarian FSB and thread the barrel on my Norinco sporter that I 922r'd. When I got it to the range I had to adjust my front sight all the way to the right to get on target. It looked terrible. I should have kept the original FSB... doh! I called back to get it and of course it was nowhere to be found. Can anyone recommend a smith to fix my issue? I know the guys at rifle dynamics line up the FSB overbore the pin holes and use a larger pin to pin it. I live in AA county.

We'll fix that for you at some point. My schedule is kinda F ed for now

foodpoison

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    the Dena
    god dammit Strikenine, I should've text you back or check spread sheet. I am bringing bratwurst.
    For those who have never been to one of these I suggest bringing a small flashlight, safety glasses, and maybe a magnetic tray for your parts

Striknine

Jan 19, 2013
    god dammit Strikenine, I should've text you back or check spread sheet. I am bringing bratwurst.
    For those who have never been to one of these I suggest bringing a small flashlight, safety glasses, and maybe a magnetic tray for your parts

No problem,haven't bought anything yet. I'll grab burgers and rolls instead.
    We're also gonna need a few cans of WD-40 and Brake Cleaner for parkerizing.

Clutch

Jan 10, 2013
    Severn
    I'm grabbing food in the a.m. so I can get whatever. I was going to start with donuts and coffee and maybe grab some meat. Let me rephrase. Burgers, brats or whatever. Looks like that is covered though. So, I'm open to recommendations. Chips? Condiments? Cookies?

I'll grab whatever WD and brake cleaner I have laying around as well.

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    Looks like I'll be getting there around 10. If you guys get started and realize you need something from the depot, shoot me a pm and I'll grab it on the way in.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia

And Malox:D

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Thanks to everyone for bringing food, tools and cool toys to shoot.

Thanks wbw2123 for repuddling that muzzle brake with your TIG welder.

It was great seeing everyone today and meeting some new people. A couple AKs were finished and test fired which makes the entire day a great success!

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I'd call the day a success. Suppressed SMG, good food, some cursing, some bleeding. And a 3 round test fire at 8:30 at night to end things.

**And that South Korean 10-round mag I threw, must've popped a tack weld loose - it doesn't fit in anything now, except the trash can. :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom