• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmbstyle

Sep 22, 2012
    Anne Arundel County
    Does a retractable stock count the same as a folding stock for the "evil" features? I want to put a retractable stock on my HK 51 clone but didn't know if I can keep the flash hider or not.

Thanks

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Collapsible(telescopic) stocks are GTG and don't count as an evil features.

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    Reviving this

Considering converting a collapsible stock sbr to a folding stock. But same concern as above also worried about oal. Normally with collapsible stocks you measure extended, but with a folder are rules the same?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Reviving this

Considering converting a collapsible stock sbr to a folding stock. But same concern as above also worried about oal. Normally with collapsible stocks you measure extended, but with a folder are rules the same?

Yes. Collapsible and folding are the same on a rifle. Fully extended.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Reviving this

Just don't also have a flash suppressor.

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    Just don't also have a flash suppressor.

So are a folder and a collapsesble the same or treated differently?

Above says they are the same same, you're saying don't also have a flash suppressor with folder? Is that different than a collapsible and a flash suppressor?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Above says they are the same same, you're saying don't also have a flash suppressor with folder? Is that different than a collapsible and a flash suppressor?

Collapsible and folder are two different animals and fall under different regs. Collapsible is not considered an evil feature.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Yes. Collapsible and folding are the same on a rifle. Fully extended.

This first comment was ONLY about how they are measured.

Under MD law a folder is an evil feature. And a collapsible one is not.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I've always sorta wondered if someone could make the argument that the LAW folder is not actually a folding stock. After all, it's the buffer tube that's folding, the stock is just coming along for the ride. This is unlike a Sig 556, AK, etc., where the stock itself is hinged or being directly moved. Not sure I'd want to be the test case, though.

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    Why not both? I never understood why anyone would install a fixed foldable stock instead of installing an adjustable AND foldable stock at the same time. You get the best of both worlds. Perhaps I am missing something?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I've always sorta wondered if someone could make the argument that the LAW folder is not actually a folding stock. After all, it's the buffer tube that's folding, the stock is just coming along for the ride. This is unlike a Sig 556, AK, etc., where the stock itself is hinged or being directly moved. Not sure I'd want to be the test case, though.
    Great argument counselor...:D

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

Technically correct with MDLeg and MDSP will go about as well as technically correct with your spouse.

But the later you are only likely to sleep on the couch...

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Or like the various Keltecs that fold in half...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom