• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    I'm really curious to see if the plastic stock, I mean chassis, is going to feel cheap. My question is, why go aluminum with the handguard and nylon for everything else? Its a little confusing.

bbradshaw21

Jun 14, 2016
    Pikesville
    now that my initial excitement has calmed slightly, is there anyone else leery of getting a first run of a brand new gun? it appears that this is built off of the ruger american action which seems pretty reliable and alot of people online seem to like (along with the other group who seem to full on hate it).

i guess the bottom line question is this. do any of you treat guns like computers, phones and other tech in that the very first version tends to be buggy and you stay away from it until the early adopters get them and find all the bugs OR is there little risk in jumping right in and being an early adopter?

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    now that my initial excitement has calmed slightly, is there anyone else leery of getting a first run of a brand new gun? it appears that this is built off of the ruger american action which seems pretty reliable and alot of people online seem to like (along with the other group who seem to full on hate it).

i guess the bottom line question is this. do any of you treat guns like computers, phones and other tech in that the very first version tends to be buggy and you stay away from it until the early adopters get them and find all the bugs OR is there little risk in jumping right in and being an early adopter?

I'm going to take my chances. If it were a semi-auto with more moving parts, I might be a bit more reluctant. Using the 10-22 mags is a plus for me, and I love my RPR in .308, so it just seems like a no brainer. Can't wait for it to arrive! :D

bbradshaw21

Jun 14, 2016
    Pikesville
    i'm likely going to get it as well. i'm just looking to see if anyone on here has had issues with Ruger specifically when they put out a new firearm. even though i've never met anyone from MDS, i trust the collective opinions of this board more than other "strangers" on the internet.

axshon

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Howard County
    If it’s like the RPR, they may find some things that cause some bellyaches. These things are fixed in aftermarket upgrades and then in a V2 of the product directly from Ruger. I think this is so closely geared towards RPR owners that Ruger will do whatever they can to keep them happy. I could totally see them offering a package of both together some time soon. I’m putting my Savage MKII BTV thumbhole tack driver in classifieds soon to get one of these because it’s the first .22lr I’ve seen that has a short action throw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead

I am a tiny bit wary of this. Bought my RPR .308 as Gen I. Had to buy the muzzle brake and the aluminum bolt shroud afterwards. Gen II made these standard equipment, although the price was increased for Gen II’s by the exact amount of the parts I bought. Love that gun though, so I think I’ll risk it in this case. Already debating what glass I’ll put on it....

bbradshaw21

Jun 14, 2016
    Pikesville
    I am a tiny bit wary of this. Bought my RPR .308 as Gen I. Had to buy the muzzle brake and the aluminum bolt shroud afterwards. Gen II made these standard equipment, although the price was increased for Gen II’s by the exact amount of the parts I bought. Love that gun though, so I think I’ll risk it in this case. Already debating what glass I’ll put on it....

glass is a whole other story i don't want to think about right now. wish i had made my mind up on this while there were still all of those end of year sales going on.

i am interested in seeing what the new Leupold VX-Freedom looks like when it comes out.

EarnestT

In the hollow
    Aug 18, 2013
    Not in Maryland
    Optic for precision long range rimfire

I have a Ruger precision rimfire on order and am shopping for an optic for shooting out to 200+ yards. Fixed or variable power. I am looking at the Pride Fowler rimfire scope but want to explore all options. Tell me what you've used and how you like it.

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    I’m really thinking of picking this up and doing a comparison between it and the savage mkII fv-sr. It doesn’t look to be as accurate as the cz and savage lineup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom