• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Larry David

Jul 1, 2013
    Carroll County
    Fun afternoon with my new RPR at Hap Baker today. I already had a Leatherwood/Hi-Lux 8-32x50 and a Caldwell bipod on the shelf so I installed both and hit the range. I threw a pic rail on the bottom hand guard to accommodate the bipod.

The two included Ruger 10 round mags were flawless. No feeding issues at all. I had another brand of mag (clear plastic) which would not feed the round. I zeroed at 50 yards. Good groups with CCI Stingers and Browning. The bolt was a bit tight. It may loosen up a some after more use.

Lots of fun shooting the rimfire RPR and a lot cheaper to shoot.

This riffle is a nice compliment to my RPR in .308 which I took to Virginia to shoot under the direction of Dan Newberry of bangsteel.com in October. I was able to stretch the .308 out to 1000 yards.

Attachments

• 3FAB41F5-74BA-414D-AEF3-051809F46FCB.jpg
      3FAB41F5-74BA-414D-AEF3-051809F46FCB.jpg
      128.7 KB · Views: 1,017

Larry David

Jul 1, 2013
    Carroll County
    Angry face???

So why the 'angry' face? Because of the one bad mag?

What are you referring to? No anger at all. I believe I said I had fun shooting the RPR. Just pointing out the RPR didn’t like the clear plastic mag which is a Butler Creek mag. Maybe it’s just that one particular mag. I don’t know; don’t care. I just won’t be using it in the RPR. Works in my 10/22. I’ll use it there.

Edit: It looks like my Larry David avatar has the “angry face.” Lol

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    There’s an angry face to the left of your thread on the homepage. I have no idea what it means or how to put them there. I often see them with exclamation points for threads that need to draw your attention.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I have a titanium .300 integral suppressed complete upper from Witt. Finishing the build.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Took my boy (14) out shooting 75 and 100yds with his RPR on the 4th. He was consistently hitting 1.5" White Lightning charges, big booms. Was using a box of Browning high velocity rounds, so they seem good enough.
    He's a kid of very few words, and I was surprised after about 60rds, and hitting 2" gong steel targets as well with only one miss, he exclaims "I really love this rifle" :D

We must have got a good rifle, I read some do not care for it much.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Took my boy (14) out shooting 75 and 100yds with his RPR on the 4th. He was consistently hitting 1.5" White Lightning charges, big booms. Was using a box of Browning high velocity rounds, so they seem good enough.
    He's a kid of very few words, and I was surprised after about 60rds, and hitting 2" gong steel targets as well with only one miss, he exclaims "I really love this rifle" :D

We must have got a good rifle, I read some do not care for it much.

Sounds like a good day!

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    That is a huge scope. I would rather have a more traditional Browning T Bolt, but it looks like the ergos on that RPR can't be beat. No doubt it shoots well.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    My son is enjoying mine. Single load is a little tight if you have fat fingers.
    94730d5932145970a20ab6446e382672.jpg

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

I have so many questions.

What’s with the weird ammo container? You load .22?

Why the peep sight?

Makeshift wood black hand guard?

Now on to compliments!

Glad your son had a good time and nice looking drop mat

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom