• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Badger1

MDS Supporter
    Jun 21, 2017
    Sure after fumbling with it and gripping it with two fingers. :D
    The last open, starting around 28 seconds, looks faster. I wonder if he's intentionally going slower than he could so that people can learn the technique from the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLUBZioNPxo&t=0m28s

You would think but you can grab the entire knife when reaching for it.

It's worth a try as inexpensive as they are.

I just impulse-bought a Byrd cara cara 2 with the emersion opener to try out. I'd rather have the shorter blade of the meadowlark, but that doesn't appear to be available. I believe the delica has an Emerson opener as an option, but that is outside of my impulse-buy range to spend on something I don't know if I'll like.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    The last open, starting around 28 seconds, looks faster. I wonder if he's intentionally going slower than he could so that people can learn the technique from the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLUBZioNPxo&t=0m28s

I just impulse-bought a Byrd cara cara 2 with the emersion opener to try out. I'd rather have the shorter blade of the meadowlark, but that doesn't appear to be available. I believe the delica has an Emerson opener as an option, but that is outside of my impulse-buy range to spend on something I don't know if I'll like.

Def try it out first. I have a Delica but it sits at home because I'm afraid I'll lose it.

It's incredibly fast and comfortable. You can keep your hand on it in a ready position without any reservations that it will deploy properly and safely.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    So this is weird. When I try to purchase an auto Online from Knife Center or Blade HQ I get this:
    9-DEDF487-5410-45-C0-9-E02-C3-BCACC23265.png

They say it’s against federal law to ship autos across state lines to non leo/military. I was talking about this on FB in Blade HQ’s forum and lots of people said that they do it all the time (in other states) and never get that notification. Then I tried putting my friends address in Va in there and I did not get this message. Why is it supposedly against a federal law to ship autos across state lines for a Md resident but not elsewhere?? Pisses me off.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    So this is weird. When I try to purchase an auto Online from Knife Center or Blade HQ I get this:

They say it’s against federal law to ship autos across state lines to non leo/military. I was talking about this on FB in Blade HQ’s forum and lots of people said that they do it all the time (in other states) and never get that notification. Then I tried putting my friends address in Va in there and I did not get this message. Why is it supposedly against a federal law to ship autos across state lines for a Md resident but not elsewhere?? Pisses me off.
    Aren't they located in VA?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md

Maryland residents can go to Virginia stores that sell automatic knives and legally buy them there (Virginia changed their laws a while ago).

Maryland residents cannot go to a Maryland store that sells automatic knives and legally buy them, unless they are military/LEO.

That may be why Blade HQ has no problem with Virginia.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Maryland residents can go to Virginia stores that sell automatic knives and legally buy them there (Virginia changed their laws a while ago).

Maryland residents cannot go to a Maryland store that sells automatic knives and legally buy them, unless they are military/LEO.

That may be why Blade HQ has no problem with Virginia.
    I know all that but according to their own notification they wouldn’t be able to ship autos anywhere but the state in which they reside. But they do. Blade HQ is not in Ut or Va but they ship them there, the notification they give us is BS.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    I'm not police or military, but do know several Maryland sellers who will sell me switchblades and brass knuckles. Not that I would ever want buy such scary, evil assault weapons.:innocent0
    Even seen a few for sale at some Maryland yard sales. Oh the humanity!

Roneut

Oct 10, 2010
    I know all that but according to their own notification they wouldn’t be able to ship autos anywhere but the state in which they reside. But they do. Blade HQ is not in Ut or Va but they ship them there, the notification they give us is BS.
    It's because their legal person is an idiot, if they even have one. I've written extensively on the subject on my wiki here and on the state law here.
    While they claim to quote federal law, only the first exception (a) would apply. The other three are a complete fabrication and do not exist. I am guessing their policy to single out Maryland residents is due to their interpretation of 4-105 of our state law, which is ironic considering they're already violating federal law anyway with most of their other sales.

The general consensus over the years seems to be that law enforcement doesn't actually care about either law.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    It's because their legal person is an idiot, if they even have one. I've written extensively on the subject on my wiki here and on the state law here.
    While they claim to quote federal law, only the first exception (a) would apply. The other three are a complete fabrication and do not exist. I am guessing their policy to single out Maryland residents is due to their interpretation of 4-105 of our state law, which is ironic considering they're already violating federal law anyway with most of their other sales.

The general consensus over the years seems to be that law enforcement doesn't actually care about either law.
    Thanks for the info.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    I think the question is, what constitutes open carry? Does having it clipped to your pants qualify? Because the clip is exposed? Who knows.

I would love to carry a Microtech ultratech. Not because I think that they are more useful than my normal Spyderco pm2s, but just because I'm a knife guy and I get enjoyment from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom