• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    If it came with the wood furniture I've seen online, I probably would have just kept that, but the Beaver stuff is just... Yeah, not a fan. It looks cool, but there are so many better options.

Right? I went with the OD Fab grip, myself. I was really surprised by the factory grip; the couple of Czech guys I know aren't small dudes, and even in my ex's hand, it looked like a toy. I misspoke earlier; I forgot I swapped the AFG for a Stark Express Grip--that little bit of extra storage is perfect for optic batteries. :D

All in all, they're just such great little rifles; I'd probably still go for an AK for part/magazine compatibility if we didn't live in the DPRMD, but I've got no complaints about my 2008.

if I must pew in 7.62x39, my 800$ would go to a mini 30. I bought this gun from the shop I was in with intention of picking up a mini 30 that day. The clerk had asked what my stipulation was, and I had said, "that it fires 7.62x39" and he suggested the VZ2008 sporter, at 400$. Since I intended to spend 1k or less that day I also picked up a Mosin 91/30 for 135$, so with both those weapons I have actually made out very well, as a Mosin as nice as mine seems to sell for 500$ these days, and these Century VZ's go for 800$ now.

I like the Mini 30, my brother has one, and I wanted my own. $800 gun category I pick the Ruger every time. The VZ does fire and cycle a lot differently, and I do very much enjoy the weapon.

Feb 28, 2013
    If it came with the wood furniture I've seen online, I probably would have just kept that, but the Beaver stuff is just... Yeah, not a fan. It looks cool, but there are so many better options.

Right? I went with the OD Fab grip, myself. I was really surprised by the factory grip; the couple of Czech guys I know aren't small dudes, and even in my ex's hand, it looked like a toy. I misspoke earlier; I forgot I swapped the AFG for a Stark Express Grip--that little bit of extra storage is perfect for optic batteries. :D

All in all, they're just such great little rifles; I'd probably still go for an AK for part/magazine compatibility if we didn't live in the DPRMD, but I've got no complaints about my 2008.
    I bought mine from Duffys and they put beech furniture fresh from the eastern block on it before I picked it up

Like another fella round here says... its military so that makes it kewl :D

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    I bought mine from Duffys and they put beech furniture fresh from the eastern block on it before I picked it up

Like another fella round here says... its military so that makes it kewl :D

that is where I got mine in 2013.

One of these days, I need to swing by Duffy's. I keep hearing about these rare finds and great prices, but I just never find myself out that way! :shocked4:

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I got my VZ2008 a few years ago. I didn't like the folder at all, so I got a fixed beaver barf stock. Ended up swapping that all for the Fab Defense set. Has a spring loaded reoil absorbing stock, polymer pistol grip, and a polymer 2 piece handguard which I made a heat shield for. I did have a red dot on the handguard, but took it off and installed fiber optic iron sights. It has a CNC Warrior brake on it as well. My goal was to reduce recoil as much as possible because I had planned for my wife and daughter to shoot it. On the Czech VZ58 page on Facebook, someone said there were two different pistons too. A flat piston, and a dished piston, and the dished one supposedly helps reduce recoil as well. Haven't installed it yet though. Haven't shot my VZ2008 in a few years, but recall it was fun to shoot and pretty accurate for a 7.62x39 gun. I remember hearing rumors the barrels were bored in .308, and a ton of shooting could wear them out faster, so I emailed Green Mountain years ago, and they confirmed they were .308 barrels but it would not be a problem. Wanting to buy a spare, they declined, telling me to contact Century, who never returned my email.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    One of these days, I need to swing by Duffy's. I keep hearing about these rare finds and great prices, but I just never find myself out that way! :shocked4:

I was there two days ago, they actually have riffles in stock.

They have a 223 Henry lever action in stock which I thought was cool. One of these days when I have a spare grand to burn I will buy one of those.

Other then that it seemed like mostly normal fare. There showroom seems smaller then it was when I went there in 2013.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    I got my VZ2008 a few years ago. I didn't like the folder at all, so I got a fixed beaver barf stock. Ended up swapping that all for the Fab Defense set. Has a spring loaded reoil absorbing stock, polymer pistol grip, and a polymer 2 piece handguard which I made a heat shield for. I did have a red dot on the handguard, but took it off and installed fiber optic iron sights. It has a CNC Warrior brake on it as well. My goal was to reduce recoil as much as possible because I had planned for my wife and daughter to shoot it. On the Czech VZ58 page on Facebook, someone said there were two different pistons too. A flat piston, and a dished piston, and the dished one supposedly helps reduce recoil as well. Haven't installed it yet though. Haven't shot my VZ2008 in a few years, but recall it was fun to shoot and pretty accurate for a 7.62x39 gun. I remember hearing rumors the barrels were bored in .308, and a ton of shooting could wear them out faster, so I emailed Green Mountain years ago, and they confirmed they were .308 barrels but it would not be a problem. Wanting to buy a spare, they declined, telling me to contact Century, who never returned my email.

I feel like someone would sell barrels for these.

Your gun is setup exactly like mine, except I have the stock iron sights. I fired a few days ago, and its a good gun. I like the trigger. I still think I would prefer the mini30 for $800 though.

Is your fab stuff all black or did you tacticool colorize?

Sirex