• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bugthor

Oct 27, 2018
    Aberdeen Area
    A couple of years ago I was in a pawnshop I frequent and this Anschutz 8002s was on the rack. I looked at it, came home, and did some research on it. Low and behold when I returned, it was gone. Oh well, I thought should have bought but anther one slips by. I recently was in there again and the shop was empty and I mentioned the rifle in passing. The owner stepped back in the back and brought it out. It was holding air, the stock had a poorly repaired stock break and it was dirty. I walked out with it. I ordered a PCP fill connector and adapter online. Cleaned, inspected, repaired the stock, and fully charged the cylinder. It shoots amazing. Chrony said 579FPS with 8.26gr wad cutter which is right on par. At 10M, I got a few groups in. I'm not an athlete or competitive shooter but I was happy with no real practice on the target sights.

Attachments

• IMG_3239.jpg
      IMG_3239.jpg
      91.1 KB · Views: 840

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Such things happen. I've made a couple of nice deals in pawn shops. Once I found a 1903A4 in a pawn store...no scope or scope mount but since it's marked 03A3 the store priced it as a standard 03A3 plus I got it even cheaper after negotiating. On another trip I found an unused AR-17 shotgun complete with chokes and got it cheap.

Such things don't happen often but you have to be prepared to jump quick when you find them.

Bugthor

Oct 27, 2018
    Aberdeen Area
    5 shot groups at 10M, my best one. I think its supposed to be 1 per target.

Attachments

• 61275111160__2FD0C80C-85BC-474A-A2F4-5E88072B4DD9.jpg
      61275111160__2FD0C80C-85BC-474A-A2F4-5E88072B4DD9.jpg
      49.3 KB · Views: 792

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    5 shot groups at 10M, my best one. I think its supposed to be 1 per target.

Correct, in a match, athletes sight in and make adjustments at the two sighter bulls in the center of the page. Then, take one shot per bull for the remaining ten bulls. If you pellet test a rifle and find a batch it likes, those rifles will shoot lights out, all day long

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom