• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    I'd be interested in the M72 tube.

http://www.sturmgewehr.com/ is another place to check on the going rate. There are several on there at $8,500, one at $8,300, and they aren't going anywhere. One sold for $8,500 on UziTalk a while back with a ton of extras.

@Ammo Jon, the Lage uppers run quite well on AE9AP btw.

Highly recommend the MAX11-15 if you can swing it. They are a blast with a beta mag.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    If you have to leave MD and you haven't sold it or completed the transfer, you can store it in MD the same way - bank safety deposit box and because still in state don't need to notify the ATF, but I'd probably send a letter with my new CA address and tell them where it's stored in MD. . Fly back to hand over when you get the approval. You have to hand it off directly. You can't store it in a friend's safe or at an FFL as they'd have access to it. You'd have to transfer it to the dealer for him to store it.

Wonder if there's anyway to add the buyer to the safety deposit box once approved? That would save the seller from traveling back. If so, could have a key and then get added and go pick it up and close the box.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    Wonder if there's anyway to add the buyer to the safety deposit box once approved? That would save the seller from traveling back. If so, could have a key and then get added and go pick it up and close the box.

I would think you would have to be present at the bank while the buyer signs and is given a second key. That's why bank storage works - secure, reasonably inexpensive and meets ATF regs.

If the OP simply wants to unload it he can sell it to a dealer. Won't get full price, but the transaction would be quicker.

So we're back to storage in Nevada, Arizona, Oregon, etc. - sell it to someone in that state and you'd only have to drive to the bank to transfer.

And a rant here: there's NO WAY transfer should take as long as they do once the paperwork has been submitted.

HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    What rhd car? That's kind of my speed if you do end up letting it go?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    You can't store it in a friend's safe or at an FFL as they'd have access to it. You'd have to transfer it to the dealer for him to store it.

Missed this part earlier. What if seller put it in buyer safe and kept the keys until paperwork cleared. I’m sure not ATF standard but could fall under SSS. As example, I have a small Fichet I bought from safecracker with two keys. Would hold the MAC and can with ease but would be hard to break into.

Just trying to think of a way to save seller hassle of a plane ride and buyer from additional expense of the ticket.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    Oh wow, nice to hear from you again after all these years, but sorry to hear about that situation. I still remember the trip to the range to try it out, signing the paperwork at the bank, and making that special trip back from overseas to pick up the lower from your Ex.

Eh. Sh!t happens. We were together 22 years so it's super weird being single etc. But we are cordial and the divorce couldn't have been smoother. We didn't use lawyers and were in court for less than 10 minutes.

I'll let some people I know you're selling. Glad you seem to be doing well. DONT SELL THE CAR! Lol.

I still have video of you shooting at the range before you bought it on one of my old phones.

Dovk0802

Sep 20, 2017
    DC
    Missed this part earlier. What if seller put it in buyer safe and kept the keys until paperwork cleared. I’m sure not ATF standard but could fall under SSS. As example, I have a small Fichet I bought from safecracker with two keys. Would hold the MAC and can with ease but would be hard to break into.

Just trying to think of a way to save seller hassle of a plane ride and buyer from additional expense of the ticket.

From ATF FAQ:
    the individual's NFA firearms may be left in a safe deposit box in their former state of residence. The firearm could also be left or stored in the former state of residence at the house of a friend or relative in a locked room or container to which only the registered owner has a key. The friend or relative should be supplied with a copy of the registration forms and a letter from the owner authorizing storage of the firearm at that location.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/if-...e-and-their-application-transport-nfa-firearm

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    From ATF FAQ:
    the individual's NFA firearms may be left in a safe deposit box in their former state of residence. The firearm could also be left or stored in the former state of residence at the house of a friend or relative in a locked room or container to which only the registered owner has a key. The friend or relative should be supplied with a copy of the registration forms and a letter from the owner authorizing storage of the firearm at that location.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/if-...e-and-their-application-transport-nfa-firearm

Awesome. Thanks. Guess I should’ve looked for myself. Thanks again.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    Basically if you plan to store it, no one can have access to it but you. When the Form 4 goes through only you can physically hand it off.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Basically if you plan to store it, no one can have access to it but you. When the Form 4 goes through only you can physically hand it off.

If it is on a trust, you could add a friend to your Trust. Then they can access it, take it out, and shoot it......

FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    I just paid for a new in the box M11/9 $8,000.00 and believe it was a fair deal. I regretted selling my previous one years ago for $900.00.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    I just paid for a new in the box M11/9 $8,000.00 and believe it was a fair deal. I regretted selling my previous one years ago for $900.00.

Does sound like a good deal for NOS.

Too bad I was a minor when the curtain came down on FA...but I still wish I'd purchased a shit ton of DIAS (or had my dad do it if I couldn't have).

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Yeah, I was 4 years old in 1986. It sucks but save up and you can still get into it!

I was 13. I'm planning on getting this if Monkey does get his job moved to CA.

I think I have enough Nighthawks and maybe an STI or two I could part with that might get me into another FA gun. Not selling the Guncrafters or some of the STI and Nighthawks though.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    If OP does not “need” the money, he could transfer the machine gun to a trust with his name on it for $200 + storage + the cost of a trust. I’m sure there would be plenty of folks willing to be added to the trust and hold onto it in case he wants to come visit. Or leave CA. Still might need to pay a storage fee while the transfer goes through, but I’m sure the OP will pass his background check so no risk there. . .

FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    If OP does not “need” the money, he could transfer the machine gun to a trust with his name on it for $200 + storage + the cost of a trust. I’m sure there would be plenty of folks willing to be added to the trust and hold onto it in case he wants to come visit. Or leave CA. Still might need to pay a storage fee while the transfer goes through, but I’m sure the OP will pass his background check so no risk there. . .

THIS :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::party29::party29::party29:

Chances of being in the position with time and money to buy another are slim to none. Keep what you have and let time play out. If you don't need the $$ then safety deposit box or the above. You can pass it on tax free to your heirs after you pass away on a form 5. If your heirs don't want it then they can cash out and you won't care.

I personally have 3 FA items and won't ever sell them. They are to be passed on to my son in a trust and via Form 5 that I have already written up. It's his decision to do what he wishes with the toys at that point.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013

that is a good deal. I bought my 1st 1 in 1985 for $199.00 for a SWD full auto. the tax stamp was the same price of the gun lol.

monkey

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    Feb 20, 2012
    Monkey County
    And just like that, it's sold! Can't say I'm excited about it, although it definitely hurts less knowing that it will go to someone on here and not out of state like my AR and AK. What a shame about my Arsenal AK and how I will downgrade to a CA compliant Century Arms AK in the future lol. Appreciate all the interest from you all as well as those that tried to find ways to have me keep it. My kids aren't into this kind of stuff, so it won't be a fun inheritance gift to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom