• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    I got a Henry H001 yesterday, been wanting one for a while.

Took it out today, was dissapointed. Everything grouping to the right, visually I can see the back sight is off. Feeling the dovetail confirms sight is off center. Also started to fail to feed and bend the 22 rounds so I got frustrated and gave up.

I will need to spend some time adjusting and getting to know it but hope our relationship gets better.

TD

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    Stick with it, mines very accurate and consistant and fun to shoot and not at all picky about ammo. (only rifle I have that shoots Federal Automatch from Walmart consistently.)

Henry's support is supposed to be great, if it comes to that. Never had to use them myself but have heard they are very good.

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    I have one of their AR-7 survival rifles and love it! Also have a Ruger 10/22 take down. I won't part with either! Your Henry shouldn't be too hard to sight in. Just a plastic mallet and a punch and you ought to be in business.

This isn't me, but you might want to take a peek!

https://youtu.be/Ujojc0nEdEQ

--✋

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    I have several several of the Golden boy rifles. seriously accurate and well made. only issue i ever had was the .44 would break the tang off of the tube magazine after about 600 rounds. their service is amazing. they totally cleaned and replaced the furniture on it 3 times.

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    Tapping that sight over with a brass or nylon punch should do the trick. I currently have the H001 and have had 3 other Henrys in my life, and they all have been fantastic. Ive never had to use their customer service but I hear it is amazing as well if you had to go that route.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Took mine out yesterday for the first time, accuracy was good. The front sight is nicer than the golden boy IMO.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Adjusting your sight should be easy.

My only complaint about mine is the front sight. The post is a little wide for my taste. I'm adding it to my to-do list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom