• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbradshaw21

Jun 14, 2016
    Pikesville
    Did you create your own Model or use one from the drop down menu? If you created your own then it'll take 1-3 weeks usually for an approval of your submission and then your cover letter will be emailed to you and the form will go into the submission process.

created my own. not to worry though. i got my cover letter today. 3 weeks from submission.

now if only they would be this efficient with form 4s...

of course i just found out that the shop i ordered my solvent trap from is now closed due to a possible covid exposure so god only knows when i'll actually get the solvent trap

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Form 1, E filed, Individual
    Submitted August 11th, Fingerprints mailed same day, Approved August 28th

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Time to revive this thread-- A little confused

Submitted my Form 1 on 16 May. Got an e-mail this afternoon that said the status changed. But the status notification said submitted/In process. Which is exactly what the last e-mail status on 16 May said. Logged in to the site and the status for the form said "Submitted" 16 May 2021 and "Finalized" 20 Jun 2021. But no uploaded copy of a Form 1 showing approval or disapproval-- just the same one I had before that a had a big watermark "submitted" across each page. Little confused

ST19AG_WGreymon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Odenton
    Time to revive this thread-- A little confused

Submitted my Form 1 on 16 May. Got an e-mail this afternoon that said the status changed. But the status notification said submitted/In process. Which is exactly what the last e-mail status on 16 May said. Logged in to the site and the status for the form said "Submitted" 16 May 2021 and "Finalized" 20 Jun 2021. But no uploaded copy of a Form 1 showing approval or disapproval-- just the same one I had before that a had a big watermark "submitted" across each page. Little confused

Might want to use the Ask the Experts tab when you log in to the eForms website and explain the situation.

Assuming you did everything right on your part, I've seen this happen before. It's usually a clerical error.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Might want to use the Ask the Experts tab when you log in to the eForms website and explain the situation.

Assuming you did everything right on your part, I've seen this happen before. It's usually a clerical error.

Yep-- I can (and will) certainly do that. Just wondering if this was sort of the norm, out of the norm etc. The MDSP e-mails for W&C are sort of the same--"we changed your investigating officer...again... " So I was wondering if this was kind of in the same vain--but the "finalized' remark on the status bar and the timeline for previous approvals on this thread left me puzzling. But the remarks on the thread are old and was hoping to see how some more recent timelines are running. Thanks!

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    UPDATE:

So I called the ATF Number for NFA items and spoke w/"Jennifer". She informed me that the Form 1 was approved yesterday (6/20/2021) and they should have loaded the Tax Stamp on the E-Form site but alas...as you suspected...a clerical error. So-- sent a message to "Ask the Experts" to request they load the stamp for my retrival. We'll see how long this takes.

So...theoretically... E-Form 1
    Submitted on 5/16/2021
    Approved on 6/20/2021
    Tax Stamp Provided: TBD

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I keep running up to the edge of doing one of these for an AR

So you do this whole E-form then mail in fingerprints the old fashioned way? That surprised me. You'd think they would take them electronically like MSP does.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    I keep running up to the edge of doing one of these for an AR

So you do this whole E-form then mail in fingerprints the old fashioned way? That surprised me. You'd think they would take them electronically like MSP does.

Agreed--- that was surprising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom