• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Everything's a compromise, and I pick which compromise I want based on how I'm using my gun. My class/SHTF AR SBR has an adjustable BCG with an A5H2 buffer; my competition rifle has an adjustable GB with an A5H0 buffer. The competition rifle is a bit picky about what it eats, but that SBR is reliable under all circumstances I've ever tried it in. OTOH, that competition rifle doesn't move under recoil, so I think I can live with that.

I will look into the Seekins and Noveske blocks for future uppers.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Everything's a compromise, and I pick which compromise I want based on how I'm using my gun. My class/SHTF AR SBR has an adjustable BCG with an A5H2 buffer; my competition rifle has an adjustable GB with an A5H0 buffer. The competition rifle is a bit picky about what it eats, but that SBR is reliable under all circumstances I've ever tried it in. OTOH, that competition rifle doesn't move under recoil, so I think I can live with that.

I will look into the Seekins and Noveske blocks for future uppers.

There is also the Strike industries collar adjustable block, different in that it is a rotating tool-free collar with holes of various sized that line up to restrict gas in 5 steps. I've had bad luck with their other stuff, and could see it jumping, or blocking gas if it jiggles to a spot between settings, but there are few actual low-profile tool-free blocks, so it might be worth a try. Same with the different builds, for defense I basically went to 300BO over .223, runs fine open or suppressed, supers or subs, plain non-adjustable gas blocks are fine, far less blast both out the muzzle and in the face. For 3 gun stuff, it's 2oz buffers with aluminum weights, lightweight carriers, and adjustable blocks choked down to handle my match loads only. They will run all day without issue, but if i haven't set them in a while and it's cold, I switch ammo, or a few other things, they will probably choke. Nice thing is I can slap in full weight carriers and buffers, open the block up, and run the same rifle in a defensive course with reliability in far more conditions.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I have a 10.5 SBR and I am looking to get a suppressor. A few of the ones I am looking at offer suppressed BCG's. My question is has anyone run a rifle with the regular BCG then the suppressed? Is there enough difference in performance to make it a necessity? Thanks in advance for any help.
    No

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom