• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    I got an email about the gun show in Chantilly and wondered if it was a mistake. I thought the Nations gun shows were all cancelled for this year.
    Did anyone else get an email from Nations saying the gun show is this weekend?

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    I'm on the fence, it's gonna be nuts. But with Oaks canceled next week its the only game in town.

FTJoe

Aug 27, 2012
    SOMD
    have they said anything about limiting capacity or the number of vendors? would hate to go only to have wait outside until folks exit before I can go in.

Scrounger

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern Maryland
    Below is part of the email. It lists 900 tables. The fine print indicates the requirement for face diapers.

Join us this weekend, August 21, 22 & 23 for the Nation's Gun Show at the Dulles Expo Center located at 4320 Chantilly Shopping Ctr., Chantilly, VA 20153.

Please pass this email along to friends to receive a $2.00 Off one Adult Admission by Email Only Offer and to keep updated on shows. You can use phone for coupon!

This show will feature 900 tables of Great Gadgets including Scopes, Optics, Night Vision, Binoculars, Rangefinders, Sights, THE LATEST Handguns, Rifles, Shotguns, Muzzleloaders, Air Rifles, Ammo, Shotgun Shells, Collector Guns & Curio, New Great Antique Dealers, Militaria, Knives, Swords, Books, Emergency Preparedness Kits and Equipment, Holsters, Surplus, Stun Guns, Helmets, Hunting Gear, Gun Accessories, Grips, Variety of Targets, Gun Cases, Safes, Concealment Furniture, Custom Parts, 80% Kits, Rolex Repairman, Gunsmiths, M1 Carbines, big Reloading dealer, Voter Registration, Veterans in Defense of Liberty, New WWII Collector Dealer, Maryland Shall Issue, Maryland Transfer Dealers, Tactical Gear and much more!

COVID-19 MESSAGE

We are so excited to be back and see everyone!
    Please remember the virus is still with us.
    All CDC and Governor's Guidelines must be followed.
    Please wear a mask and social distance. Do the best you can with it!

We are in two buildings: South Hall and the North Hall.
    There are two entrances. This allows us to have the full 900 tables with wider aisles, increases our occupancy while allowing us to social distance. We have ticket sells at both entrances.
    Please choose the shortest line to enter. We will pre-sell tickets one hour before opening each day to speed up entry.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    TV commercials have been airing 2-3x an hour this evening.

I don't have a TV, so that's why this show was such a surprise to me. I'm going Friday afternoon and hope there will be some 5.56 and 9mm ammo. Maybe some magazines would be nice, but I'm not hoping for too much.

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    I don't have a TV, so that's why this show was such a surprise to me. I'm going Friday afternoon and hope there will be some 5.56 and 9mm ammo. Maybe some magazines would be nice, but I'm not hoping for too much.

I’ve been going to that show for 15 or so years and I can tell you with some degree of certainty that ammo prices will be high. The Dulles show is an exaggerated microcosm of the ammo craze. Prices will be much higher than online. You’ll be able to find ammo, I’m sure, because prices will be higher than average. In 2007, the ammo prices were astronomical
    This is just my observation so take it for what it’s worth, but if it’s ammo you’re looking for, you’re better off checking online for availability

If you REALLY need ammo now, then you’ll find something

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Think its worth a trip on sat for 9mm?

Friday would be your best bet, or early Saturday. Not sure how the prices and supply are going be though.

If you buy from Freedom Munitions you might be getting reloads. It's ok if that is what you want. They tend to be lowest priced at quite a few vendors.

I try to avoid reloads, but that's just me. Should be fine as range ammo or plinking.

Mitral

Sep 6, 2015
    Calvert
    I’m sure 9mm will be going for premium prices
    As will all ammo. At this point.
    May find a deal. I got a bunch of 357 sig in Gettysburg for 14$ a box of 50. Which I thought was too good to pass on. Never know what will be around but ya gotta scour every table
    I’m sure 9 will be around.

linkstate

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2013
    Howard County
    Does anyone know if there will be someone doing transfers for MD residents on handguns?

I never paid attention in the past so I forget who used to do it.

fd0816

Oct 26, 2012
    Howard County
    Just a heads up as your facing the the front the building the line on the left only gets you in the small show room. N there is no way to get to the big room unless you wait in the other line. They have the big roll up door closed. This is ridiculous

kingfish

Jan 15, 2008
    I’m here. Huge shit show. Stay home. Both sections are separated with massive lines to each And you have to wait in both lines to get into both buildings. Never seen lines like this ever at any show

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom