• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 05dodgedaytona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2009
    Cecil County
    Unfortunately they are out of stock. Shocker! Got 2 of their jigs coming at least so I'll have those for when the solvent traps come back in stock.

Mag Dump

May 31, 2017
    Frederick, MD Region
    After being very impressed with the two Quietbore .22 cans i got (which perform just as well as my Gemtech and SWR .22 cans), I bought the 9mm and also the rifle version. I am running the rifle can on an AR and it compares favorably to my Surefire 5.56 can.

Sure the Quietbore is bigger and heavier and not tacticool because no quick detach but all that raw expansion volume in there DOES put it on par with the sexy/expensive cans in terms of suppression from what i have found. I had my doubts as well but stopped doubting after the first round fired through it. Approved in under a month too!

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    After being very impressed with the two Quietbore .22 cans i got (which perform just as well as my Gemtech and SWR .22 cans), I bought the 9mm and also the rifle version. I am running the rifle can on an AR and it compares favorably to my Surefire 5.56 can.

Sure the Quietbore is bigger and heavier and not tacticool because no quick detach but all that raw expansion volume in there DOES put it on par with the sexy/expensive cans in terms of suppression from what i have found. I had my doubts as well but stopped doubting after the first round fired through it. Approved in under a month too!

if it wasn't so dang heavy I would go for it. hopefully they can make it lighter

hosspower

Dec 1, 2019
    Walkersville, MD
    if it wasn't so dang heavy I would go for it. hopefully they can make it lighter

The weight is the only thing holding me back right now from ordering it.

Anyone have a jig for the rifle can for 556 or 308?

I have a jig available for their 45 can to drill for 9mm.

PM if available.

Thanks

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    yeah

The pistol and .22lr ones seem just as good or close to commercial.

The rifle ones I have not tried, but I can't imagine they would be just as good, especially with how heavy they are.

no need to clip anything. They are designed already "clipped"

Thanks. I looked again at the pics and each has a clip on the side. Thanks!!

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    I also noticed the 223/556/300 baffles are steel and do not have the clipping. I assume not needed? I assume I could use the 45 on a 300 for subs but the 45 has aluminum baffles, not steel

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom