MDTCA Central Maryland’s Machine Gun Club/Range at the AGC (Marriottsville)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    The Maryland Thompson Collector’s Association (MDTCA) is a Club at the AGC Range (in Marriottsville, MD) dedicated to shooting all types of Machine Guns! Located just west of I-695, off I-70, the range is ideal for any Machinegun owners in central Maryland. The Club runs bimonthly Machine gun shoots throughout most of the year and quarterly Tripod/Bipod shoots. We do require shooters to pass a qualification test before being allowed to shoot in these events.

Our bimonthly shoots are held on the AGC’s 50 yard range and are primarily for Submachine guns and Assault rifle type Machine guns. Shooting from the prone position is not allowed.

Quarterly we have a Tripod/Bipod shoot on the AGC’s 100 yard range. This shoot is ideal for Belt fed and larger squad level Machine guns.

Qualifications are held monthly and membership is not required to take the test.

We also sponsor the National TCAs Tommy gun show and Shoot when they decide to have it on the east Coast. This is the only event limited to Tommy guns.

MDTCA members shoot a wider variety of Machine guns. You will see everything from Macs to Maxims. We have a number of very experienced members as well as people just getting into the Machine gun world. Members can help people who want to get their first machine gun decide on which gun they may want and help them find it. We can also help prepare the ATF paperwork involved. Since we shoot as a club, you will get exposure to all types of machine guns you rarely see. I personal have shot these machine guns at the AGC: M11, Mac 10, Sten MkIII, Sterling, Reising, S&W M76, M2 Carbine, UZI, MP40, Thompson M1/1928, M3 Grease Gun, MP5, MP44, M16, AK47, HK33, FAL, AC556, M14, FND, BAR, BREN, MG34, MG42, 1919a4/a6, M60, M240B, MG08/15 and a MG08. Of which I own three and many variations of those listed.

Now this is Central Maryland so it’s not a Knob Creek style shoot. We shoot at 50 yards with the pistol shooters. We are required to have ALL shots land in the impact berm 50 yards away. Shots are not allowed to hit low (in the grass) or high (in the woods). So your burst length is limited to your ability to follow this rule! For people with 9mm Subguns they tend to be limited only by magazine capacity while rifle caliber shoulder fired shooter tend to be limited to 5-6rd bursts. However it completely depends on your skill! Targets can be anything that does not deflect bullets. Metal spinner type targets maybe allowed in the future, but this is not kind of place you can shoot up a TV or Car. No glass. We still follow the normal range rules for the range.

So how can you join?

The first thing to do is plan to come to one of our qualifications. You can find them listed below or check the AGC calendar here: http://associatedgunclubs.org/pages/agc_calendar/list.php If you have your own gun you want to qualify with, please bring the gun and 100+ rounds of ammo. If not please bring 100+rds of factory loaded 45ACP. We have a simple test that passes about 80+% of the shooters, many of which are first time shooters. These qualification shoots are generally held on Fridays. Once you pass, you may shoot with us at any of the scheduled shoots. So if you interested in coming and qualifying please contact our coordinator Pat at class_III@associatedgunclubs.org

If you decide that you would like to join MDTCA and the AGC, Dues are $25 for the MDTCA and $150 for the full year range badge to the AGC. For the $150 you have full rights to the range, which includes much more than just machine gun shoots. Please see the AGC website for more range info: http://www.associatedgunclubs.org/

We usually schedule two meeting a year. A Spring meeting kicking off the year as the weather breaks and an election meeting late in the year where you can pay dues and get your range badge for next year.

If you have any questions, please email me at MDTCAVP@associatedgunclubs.org

Get on MDTCA’s Email List:
    Send a request to: MDTCAVP@associatedgunclubs.org

Email MDTCA Officers:
    President: MDTCAPresident@associatedgunclubs.org
    Vice-President: MDTCAVP@associatedgunclubs.org
    Secretary/treasurer: MDTCATreasurer@associatedgunclubs.org
    Qualification Coordinator: class_III@associatedgunclubs.org

Visit our website:
    www.associatedgunclubs.org/mdthompson

AGC Range Office Phone number:
    410-461-8532

Note: Everything we do is legal. No illegal firearms are allowed under any condition. It would be a good idea to have a copy of your tax stamp with you.

If you are interested but don’t think you can afford it, see this thread: http://mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=42103

Attachments

• MDTCA Brochure.pdf
      1.1 MB · Views: 522

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    2016 Dates

2016 Dates are out!

PLEASE NOTE, ALL QUALIFICATION DATES HAVE BEEN CANCELED!!! Qualification will be held during normal shoots. Please contact us to arrange.

2016.jpg

Last edited:

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Guys, I figure I would add a little to this thread. We had a shoot this weekend and we had some big battle rifles out. M14 and HK91 on the same day! They were a handful but were interesting. I found the HK91 to be a bit easier than the M14. I can do about a 5 round burst on either but you best be ready because these are real mans guns. I have a butt plate pattern marks on my shoulder to prove it!

So I did some quick figuring and I think I have now shot 33 different type of MGs at the AGC! Thats not counting different versions or uppers. So all the AR family from 9mm upper to Shrike, counting as just a single MG... the M16 family. I seem to control the extremes being that my MG08 is the heaviest gun we have had out and the M11/nine is only larger than a M11A1 in 380ACP.

Here is a quick list of just those guns I have gotten to shoot at the AGC. I own only 3...

M11
    Mac10
    Sten MkIII
    Sterling
    Reising
    S&W M76
    M2 Carbine
    UZI
    MP40
    Thompson M1, 1928
    M3 Grease Gun
    MP5
    Madsen M50

MP44
    M16
    AR18
    FNC
    AK47
    HK33
    FAL
    AC556
    M14
    G3

FND
    BAR
    BREN
    MG34
    MG42
    1919a4/a6
    M60
    M240B
    MG08/15
    MG08

So if you are into MGs, you really can't afford not to be coming out! There have been a few more that I have not gotten a chance to shoot. High on my list left to shoot are the SAW and Stoner LMGs. I have heard both have been to the range but I have not had a chance to shoot either. I will try and post some video later.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Well we had a shoot last weekend and I got some good video of My Maxim in 7.62x54r and a MG42 shooting off a lafette. One with the BAR too!

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    I was at the qualification at AGC this past Friday and got to shoot my first full auto. It was a ton of fun. Thanks MDTCA for the use of the Tommy and for the advice and lesson.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I was at the qualification at AGC this past Friday and got to shoot my first full auto. It was a ton of fun. Thanks MDTCA for the use of the Tommy and for the advice and lesson.

Thats great! Come on out to some of free shoots and we will help get you into a gun!

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    The MDTCA runs a great qualification program. I qualified for machine gun and rifle a few years ago. I believe the MDTCA is one of best new clubs to be formed at the AGC. They give the average shooter a way to shoot full-auto while providing support in obtaining full-auto ownership.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    "Free" shoots is a very misleading name indeed!
    Truer words were never spoken.

Haha... free in that you can shoot freely, not that it cost nothing! :lol:

Big City, they aren't jealous, they have both been to them and it cost them.;)

The MDTCA runs a great qualification program. I qualified for machine gun and rifle a few years ago. I believe the MDTCA is one of best new clubs to be formed at the AGC. They give the average shooter a way to shoot full-auto while providing support in obtaining full-auto ownership.

Thanks, we appreciate it and do try to help new people get into it. To most FA seems like the pinnacle of shooting that it just out of reach of the average shooters. We try our best to show that the path to FA ownership it not nearly as hard as you thought. Really the best thing is you can become part of a group of very dedicated shooters that have a lot of experience in guns in general. After all only 10% of my gun collection are MGs.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Three Generations of German LMGs going at once!

Well this weekend we had our last heavy MG shoot of the year. We had a MG08/15, MG34 and a MG42 all going at once... well mostly.

Afdiesel

Mar 7, 2013
    Middletown
    Do I have to make any kind of appointment for the qualification on the 25'th or just show up with my gun and ammo? Is there a sub gun/ rifle caliber qualification difference? Or is it just auto fire qualification?

damifinowfish

Ultimate Member
    Dec 14, 2009
    Remulak
    Do I have to make any kind of appointment for the qualification on the 25'th or just show up with my gun and ammo? Is there a sub gun/ rifle caliber qualification difference? Or is it just auto fire qualification?

I believe you just need to show up with 100 rounds of factory 45acp and 100 rounds of factory .223

The will have you qualify on sub gun (pistol caliber) and then move you into rifle caliber.

Not sure if you can use your own gun. When Matt wakes up I'm sure he will chime in.

I think they have a shoot today at 1p til 4p. I'll be stopping by with ammo to test my new toy

hope to see you there

DF

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD

Yeah he pretty much covered it. Pat the Qualification Coordinator: class_III@associatedgunclubs.org does it. I do suggest emailing him and let him know you are coming. That way he will send you an email with all the details.

We supply a gun for pistol but sometimes there is not a rifle caliber gun there. Contact Pat for more details. Of course its best to bring your own gun if you have one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom