• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    -Was supposed to be recharging the bank account, at least that was the original plan. Strolled through the Baltimore Antique Gun Show today and managed to get a whole hour into it before losing my resolve.
    -What provided temptation was a 1941 vintage K31 with both a W+F diopter sight set and a elevation adjustable rear sight (2 fer sale!) marked down to $550. Guess they started the show yesterday with five of these and this one was the last left because someone in CH had shortened the stock by an inch or so. That didn't stop me (hell the sights were worth $500 by themselves) as I could replace the stock for around $50. So I raided all the nearby ATMs and raced back to the show where as I was paying for it two gentlemen standing to either side of stated that if I hadn't bought it they were intending to.
    -She's got a clean 44 oz trigger pull. I'll deal with the shortened stock for now with a French MAS 36/51 grenade launcher recoil boot. Lengthens the stock just the right amount. Also came with a neat yellow tassle. Couldn't find any info that showed it having any particular meaning. A mystery for now.
    -Will take the elevation fine adj. sight off and put it on one of my other K31s as it's doing nothing sitting on this rifle as long as the diopter sight is installed.
    -I had been trolling the Simpson site for over a year looking at these and just couldn't make myself click on the buy button for around $750 so the bargain hunter in me was pleased at the outcome, even if my bank account itsn't. The company I bought it from, MMB Imports, is new to importing and most of their current activity is based in Switzerland.
    -Also found a copy of Roy Pender's Mauser Pocket Pistols 1910-1946 for $65 which is a fraction of what copies of this long out of print book usually fetch.

Attachments

• IMGP7221_Fotor.jpg
      IMGP7221_Fotor.jpg
      21 KB · Views: 579
    • IMGP7220_Fotor.jpg
      IMGP7220_Fotor.jpg
      41 KB · Views: 561
    • IMGP7209_Fotor.jpg
      IMGP7209_Fotor.jpg
      43.4 KB · Views: 567
    • IMGP7211_Fotor.jpg
      IMGP7211_Fotor.jpg
      49.5 KB · Views: 559
    • IMGP7212_Fotor.jpg
      IMGP7212_Fotor.jpg
      76.4 KB · Views: 554
    • IMGP7214_Fotor.jpg
      IMGP7214_Fotor.jpg
      22.7 KB · Views: 562
    • IMGP7216_Fotor.jpg
      IMGP7216_Fotor.jpg
      49.4 KB · Views: 564

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Great find Mawkie,I know I should have gone to the show but I'm also trying to stop buying for awhile,it's killing me.

Jul 1, 2012
    Hey, I recognize that thread title :)

It looks very sweet & clean. That's about the extent of my K-31 knowledge...

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Nice grab. I saw that rifle yesterday (or at least a similar one) from MMB imports. They had a very nice selection for decent prices. I had a nice talk with the lady there also, new import business from Thurmont (I think thats what she told me). No Century-like billboard import markings either

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    OMFG I hate you. Seriously, sweet rifle. Is that a competition sicker?

Actually it's a ProTell sticker. They're the Swiss version of the NRA and get their name in part from William Tell (who was Swiss). I joined some years ago when the libs in CH started pushing draconian gun control. Got some of these stickers with my membership. Had one on my old Honda (was still on the bumper when I sold it, hope it's still tooling around PA).

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Nice grab. I saw that rifle yesterday (or at least a similar one) from MMB imports. They had a very nice selection for decent prices. I had a nice talk with the lady there also, new import business from Thurmont (I think thats what she told me). No Century-like billboard import markings either

Nice to see someone start a new business that C&R holders can find useful. And here in MD to boot. The only other importer I know of is Leroys Big Valley Gun Works in Montana. There have been times when I so wanted to import items from Canada (Ross rifles) or the UK (Webley auto pistols, before the ban) and finding someone to do the heavy lifting on the paperwork, import mark and arranging shipping was daunting. Technically you can do the work yourself but it's probably better to have a pro do it. The drawback is that to make it work financially you really do need to spread the cost out amongst multiple firearms or just suck it up 'cause you'd expect to be out of pocket for around $300-350 at least.

Attachments

• IMGP7223_Fotor.jpg
      IMGP7223_Fotor.jpg
      39.1 KB · Views: 355

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    that was a sweet rifle and the woman at that booth was very friendly. I thought her prices were good for the quality of rifles she had displayed.

she sent me to another table to look for parts and that table referred me back to her.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Actually it's a ProTell sticker. They're the Swiss version of the NRA and get their name in part from William Tell (who was Swiss). I joined some years ago when the libs in CH started pushing draconian gun control. Got some of these stickers with my membership. Had one on my old Honda (was still on the bumper when I sold it, hope it's still tooling around PA).

^That's way cool, I'll have to get some of those stickers

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I'm so happy that they didn't knuckle under to the ATF and engrave "billboard" sized fonts for their import marks. Just despise what Century started doing. If it has to be there let it be legible but discreet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom