• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Merlin593

Mar 29, 2013
    Towson, MD
    Hi Guys,
    Not sure if you saw this or not but you may want to think about getting some XM855 ASAP.
    Here is the link to the story:
    https://www.nraila.org/articles/20150213/batfe-to-ban-common-ar-15-ammo

Obviously you can't take this to your indoor range since it has some steel in it but for outside shooting its not an issue.

I just ordered some yesterday (didn't have any) but not much left anywhere. Try this link:
    http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/AMM-223C

I usually order the wolf gold and use that for plinking but I'll keep some of this around just for the hell of it [wink]

Best,
    Jim

PS - for any potential hoarder comments - as noted above I don't own any at all and if the BATFE really does move forward with this ban, I'd much rather have some than not....

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD
    Worry not, this is still available mostly everywhere...:D:D:D
    aun-319b_1z.jpg

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    Already seeing it on armslist for $1/round. Meh, I'm not concerned. I would happily sell my stash for a buck a round. I'm just hoping that people will start going after this stuff and maybe leave the 22lr. I would love to see the stores lift the BS daily rations on 22

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Actually a lot of us really like the PMC Xtac 62gr green tip. It has been very reliable and accurate for myself and my friends. Also cheap at $0.33/rd shipped. Guess that's all over now. What little bit is available is selling for $0.49/rd. Grrrrrrrr

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    All you guys thought you were so "clever" dodging through loopholes in NFA laws with your Sig Braces and your theoretically legal MD AR15 SBRs that are "pistols, not rifles".

Now BATFE turns around and says, "you know, since AR15 'pistols' are suddenly so common, that makes M855 an 'armor-piercing pistol round'".

Looks like BATFE is more "clever" than you guys. :innocent0

Sneaking around through these legal gray areas will get you f***ed in the end, one way or another. Stop pretending it's "OK". It's not. Fight them head-on.

Careful you'll have the wrath of hell unleashed upon you :rant2:. Dare not chastise all the good work. Very good point about the pistol angle and ammo. The Sig brace has been broiling at the BATFE as well.

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    All you guys thought you were so "clever" dodging through loopholes in NFA laws with your Sig Braces and your theoretically legal MD AR15 SBRs that are "pistols, not rifles".

Now BATFE turns around and says, "you know, since AR15 'pistols' are suddenly so common, that makes M855 an 'armor-piercing pistol round'".

Looks like BATFE is more "clever" than you guys. :innocent0

Sneaking around through these legal gray areas will get you f***ed in the end, one way or another. Stop pretending it's "OK". It's not. Fight them head-on.

Sorry, was on the road during my 0540 @ss chewing ... say what?? ;)

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Actually a lot of us really like the PMC Xtac 62gr green tip. It has been very reliable and accurate for myself and my friends. Also cheap at $0.33/rd shipped. Guess that's all over now. What little bit is available is selling for $0.49/rd. Grrrrrrrr

FYI, DA has a 10k karma thread where one of the prizes is a couple hundred rounds of the PMC Xtac 62gr green tip.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County

Yep. I almost bought more before Christmas but, was like, nah, I will wait til I pay those bills off. I found it to shoot great. Now this BS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom