• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    I just ordered 1k of 9mm ammo, and got bored watching tv, and decided to actually go through and handle each and every round, dump them out, then load them back into the boxes.

Good sweet baby Jesus.

That took forever. You never really realize how much 1000 is until you have to go through and do it all by hand...

Just felt like sharing.

phidelta308

Jan 4, 2010
    bawlmer, hon!
    I like to think of bulk ammo in terms of range trips. 1000 rounds of 9mm = 5 to 10 trips for me. Also, it's always a good idea to check your bulk ammo purchase before loading up... never know what kind of defective rounds you might find from set back bullets to missing extraction grooves.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I like to think of bulk ammo in terms of range trips. 1000 rounds of 9mm = 5 to 10 trips for me. Also, it's always a good idea to check your bulk ammo purchase before loading up... never know what kind of defective rounds you might find from set back bullets to missing extraction grooves.

Same here. 1K rounds is 5-10 trips. I usually only check as I load mags, but it's a good habit (to check).

fd3466

Jan 31, 2011
    I opened a box federal 45 acp at the range the other day and one of the bullets looked like it was cut off diagonally with a die grinder. Anyone else ever had this? And yes I forgot to take a pic.

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Unfortunately, 1000 rounds would not be enough for two of our club pistol shoots. I have had to cut back on my shooting. With ammo being so scarce, I just invested in a progressive press. I have been looking for small pistol primers. They are as scarce as ammo these days. I have a 1000 rounds of bullets and 9mm ammo on backorder. If anyone knows where I can get some small pistol primers, I would truly appreciate the help.

Thanks

NickZac

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Unfortunately, 1000 rounds would not be enough for two of our club pistol shoots. I have had to cut back on my shooting. With ammo being so scarce, I just invested in a progressive press. I have been looking for small pistol primers. They are as scarce as ammo these days. I have a 1000 rounds of bullets and 9mm ammo on backorder. If anyone knows where I can get some small pistol primers, I would truly appreciate the help.

Thanks

I want to do a course but it requires 1,000 to 1,500 rounds which I simply haven't been able to get (although usually 100-200 is a normal range outing, if that). Reloading has never looked so attractive but it appears reloading components have both skyrocketed and become harder to get...I am guessing primers are nowhere to be found for a reasonable price?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom