• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U4U

Dec 28, 2016
    I’ll heading out to Gunsmoke Outfitters today. I’ll be running some rounds thru my budget builds, 10.5” 300 blackout with a blade brace and a 16” 458 SOCOM.
    I’ll take a few cantaloupes and see if he will let me set them up on the range for the 458. If he says no, I’ll already have lunch.
    This will be my first time shooting there because I don’t feel like driving out to Mardela Springs. Is there anything I need to know about Gunsmoke?

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    Didn’t know they were still open. Let me know how you like it, it’s closer that dsc for me also

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    And report what the gun shop looks like and if there are any old C&R guns there. I have not been in there in I think 5+ years.

U4U

Dec 28, 2016
    DSC

Didn’t know they were still open. Let me know how you like it, it’s closer that dsc for me also

I used to hit them on the way home from work on my way home from Easton but now I don’t work in Easton… so I need something closer

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Is this the Gunsmoke Outfitters in Willards, MD?? Used to have a fantastic Sporting Clays Range there, if it is......

As far as the Gun Shop, Been there done that....
    7665c1196f10a911122ca757d60b5a3b.jpg

Browning Gold Hunter 3-1/2", purchased there and partially paid for with the proceeds from a gun I won there at a Sporting Clays Tournament.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    I've been to Gunsmoke probably half a dozen times in the past year. Last time was before Christmas. I bring a satchel of handguns when the wife an I go to our OC place on weekends and I sneak off to the pistol range if I get some free time. I was thinking of going out yesterday, but it was windy and time got away from me. I like the place.

I sometimes have it to myself on a weekday. Never a wait on weekends but i don't like the Saturday crowds as it is very loosely supervised have dealt with occasional knuckleheads that I don't trust shooting next to. The lack of rules or supervision is great however on a quit day where I can practice drawing for holster or concealment and moving while shooting. Very different than AGC where I go more often.

Never used the rifle range. It looks kind of primitive.

The gun shop usually has some ammo, but very little in the way of guns for sale.

U4U

Dec 28, 2016
    I Would agree that they are super primitive rifle ranges. They were pallets leaning back against berms. But to be honest, it was perfect for what I needed today and at $20 for the whole day it’s crazy cheap. I zeroed in at the 50 yard range and then went shooting at the hundred yard range. It was fun…. 30 rounds of 458, 120 rounds of 300 black out and 210 rounds of .556. I ran box drills with the 556 and 300. There were definitely some knuckleheads and a couple of newbies. Hi felt compelled to help the newbie, he literally was trying to put his BCG In backwards and was cranking his Sites like crazy to zero.

U4U

Dec 28, 2016
    Looks like you’re going to Steele’s

And report what the gun shop looks like and if there are any old C&R guns there. I have not been in there in I think 5+ years.
    I didn’t see anything for sale. Definitely not any C & R stuff.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    They don't hold sporting clays events anymore, haven't for years. The gun shop is really just random stuff. Some ammo, cleaning duties, etc.
    It is a great place to shoot when not crowded, very little supervision which is nice. While the rifle range ain't state of the art, it's more than adequate. $20/day ain't awful until you realize DSC is that same if you pay with cash, with much better facilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom