• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    "In a last-ditch effort to scare him off, the woman told her attacker that she could not believe he waited for her. She lied and told the man she had taken a picture of his license plate earlier, prompting him to grab at her phone.

The woman finally broke free after she threw her phone, prompting the man to release her and go after the device. She ran away and used her Apple Watch to call 911. "

That sounds like a Jussie Smollett story.
    I'd sure hate to have my future freedom and credibility rest on the accuracy of a newspaper article.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Per NPS, firearms are allowed on C&O canal, just not inside any facilities.

Okay, not sure what I was supposed to se there.

Being a long time Md hunter along the river, as I always understood the law governing the C&O canal, it is legal to cross the canal trail with a firearm in order to access riverside hunting areas(read islands), as long as the firearm is unloaded while crossing the canal trail(a safety zone) area. I don't know whether that applied to MoCo only, or the entire length of the C&O canal trail.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Okay, not sure what I was supposed to se there.

Being a long time Md hunter along the river, as I always understood the law governing the C&O canal, it is legal to cross the canal trail with a firearm in order to access riverside hunting areas(read islands), as long as the firearm is unloaded while crossing the canal trail(a safety zone) area. I don't know whether that applied to MoCo only, or the entire length of the C&O canal trail.
    I was replying to a post that stated CCW was not allowed on C&O canal. Per NPS, CCW is same on C&O as in any other National Park. If one can legally carry in the state, they can carry in a National Park in that state.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I was replying to a post that stated CCW was not allowed on C&O canal. Per NPS, CCW is same on C&O as in any other National Park. If one can legally carry in the state, they can carry in a National Park in that state.
    Okay. Thanks for the clarification.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I frequent PoR and Nolands during the winter and summer months. I can see the hikers from my boat in a lot of places. They are isolated, especially at PoR. Nothing but a wall of rock on one side, and river on the other. Women hiking/running alone should be very careful.

light12pdr

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2015

dehos

Mar 23, 2024
    Glen Burnie
    such as?

i think we'd all prefer it to be made up vs a real predator out there.
    I think the statement the paper used makes it seem a bit silly.

She says to him, that she couldn't believe he waited for her and then immediately says she took a picture of his car.

Kinda seems like she could believe that he waited for her by her actions. This is followed by her playing fetch with him. It's just a bizarre story and since there is no suspect yet I see nothing wrong with being a bit skeptical.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I think the statement the paper used makes it seem a bit silly.

She says to him, that she couldn't believe he waited for her and then immediately says she took a picture of his car.

Kinda seems like she could believe that he waited for her by her actions. This is followed by her playing fetch with him. It's just a bizarre story and since there is no suspect yet I see nothing wrong with being a bit skeptical.
    You can't believe everything you read in the papers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom