• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    wow $100/mag and then with all the money you saved, over $1000/case for PMC .223.

i really didn't think any of the larger retailers would be jumping on the fear price bandwagon but clearly i was wrong.

R1Peacock

Jan 8, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    Even The mag whores on Gunbroker are starting to feel some resistance. The price 2 weeks ago was nearing $50 per mag. Now you can find some "Buy it Now" for $25 each for the Pmag 30 and $20 each for the Pmag 20 (all Gen 2). The Gen 3's are trickling in so hopefully the backorders will start getting filled.

hacktracker

Apr 10, 2012
    Lower-Slower
    I picked up a 20 M3 PMAG at an IP yesterday and, as of now, I'm out of the mag buying business until things cool down.

IMHO, a Federal AWB is not gonna happen, so in a year or so, I'll look for a few more 30 round mags to finish off what I "need".

Cheaper than dirt is off my list forever.

madchestermonkey

Pond straddler
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lowcountry SC
    I was in the UK last week and spoke to a distributor that was considering selling their stock back to the US. I guess they had been getting calls from dealers over here looking for product.

Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    It sucks for us, but should CTD still sell them for $15, or for whatever the market will bear? Isn't that Free Market at it's core?

If CTD sold them for $15, we know that some jackhole would find some way to buy all of them and put them on Gunbroker for a crazy markup and sell them all day long.

Just playing the Devil's advocate. :outta her

No it's fine. They can sell them for whatever people will buy them for. But that doesn't mean we can't make fun of them and refuse to do business with them in the future.

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    Well, hopefully all you guys will remember what you've said here. Me I'm going in for the kill when the bottom falls out from under them and everyone stops buying their 'golden dirt'

Knuckles

Feb 28, 2012
    Ceciltucky, MD
    I have ordered from CTD in the past... After the price gaulging bandwagon they have decided to hop on... Never again will I buy from them. I will go out of my way & tell people what a bad company they are because of this... I hope they go out of business

risk

Dec 7, 2011
    I have ordered from CTD in the past... After the price gaulging bandwagon they have decided to hop on... Never again will I buy from them. I will go out of my way & tell people what a bad company they are because of this... I hope they go out of business

and dont forget CTD stopped selling AR's due to Newtown. I'll never buy from CTD again.

Rem700fan

Ammo Disposal Expert
    Jul 11, 2012
    Eastern Panhandle, WV
    It sucks for us, but should CTD still sell them for $15, or for whatever the market will bear? Isn't that Free Market at it's core?

If CTD sold them for $15, we know that some jackhole would find some way to buy all of them and put them on Gunbroker for a crazy markup and sell them all day long.

Saw somewhere on the net(dont remember where) the retailer sold them for something like 39.99 with the increase over their regular price of 15-18 being donated to your choice of either the NRA or SAF. Also a limit of 3 if I remember correctly. Their reasoning was to prevent someone from buying the whole stock and marking them up on GB and other places. I thought it was a good idea. I may have linked to them from a thread somewhere here.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    You know their cost is still probably about $15! I just picked up 2 new 20 rounders (gen 3) from 2A on Friday: $25 each. No shipping/handling. No false advertising of being "Cheaper than Air" and no BS.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

Exactly. Hence the term "free market". Those that have are free to sell to those who want, and they are free to accept the requested price or decline. It's done daily in the housing market. Sometimes it's a buyer's market, sometimes a seller's.

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    I would hand load one at a time in the chamber before I bought one at that price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom