• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blazing lead

Nov 29, 2018
    Cecil county
    I ordered 1000 of these and it looks like they were never loaded., They had no pull marks just light tarnish and some minor spotting on some. 45 minutes in walnut and nu Finnish and they look brand new.

IMG_20230805_195458744.jpg

I reached out to Hornandy for assistance with load data as I only seen reference I saw was for a 140 grain ftx .
    They asked for a lot # and where I got them and told me they have no load data available for this bullet

I'm just gonna load and crimp at the cannelure and use powder charges suitable for 125 gr . I saw from some sources that the 140 ftx requires a shortened case length I'm assuming the reason is that bullet has a pointier nose profile.
    I don't have a factory critical defense round to make a comparison, does anybody on here have one laying a round that they could grab a quick measurement?

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    I think you have a good plan. I don’t think the 125gr FTX was ever offered as reloading components, only as the loaded ammo and why Hornady doesn’t have data.

FWIW, Cabelas is showing one box in stock. Take a calipers with you and check them out at the ammo desk, if you don’t want to buy the box…

blazing lead

Nov 29, 2018
    Cecil county
    I would but considering how much ammo walked out the door from the Christiana Cabela's they might deploy the ceiling tile Ninja's on me. I've been told I look suspicious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom