• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    That henry sure looks nice but at over double what a cricket costs theres not a chance. Kids tend to drop and bump things. No matter how important that thing is.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    For her you may be better off buying her a crossman 760 pump air rifle, they are a lot smaller and lighter and not over expensive. as been said you teach her the same fundimentals as you would with any other firearm.

The great thing with the air rifle is that no paper woprk is involved when she out grows it of it gets broken you can give it away or just trash it no worries. a 3 year old will grow very fast and with in a very short time she will out grow it and you will have a rifle that she wont be able to shoot. so the money you think you will be saving is really just going to wast.

You can also get some of the handguns that have a shoulder stock that is very compact and light.

depending on where you live you may be able to take her out in the back yard and shoot some, you most likley can not do that with a rimfire rifle a hand full of pellets and a soda bottle you can have a lot of fun with very little noise expence and with out disturbing the neighbors.

marylandgrdnr

May 7, 2011
    Frederick
    I applaud you sir for introducing firearms to your child at a young age. I too have done the Non-political approach and starting training our 2 boys (3 and 5) the safe way to handle firearms.

I started them on a pellet gun, basically showing them how to manipulate and handle it safely. Both of them can now recite the 4 basic rules of firearm safety. I want to get the .22 for Christmas.

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    I got another one right behind her that will be 1 in November. So the gun can easily be passed down. Im not concerned about spending 100 bucks for a few years of enjoyment or longer. Hell the toybox full of worthless plastic junk that was play with once cost a shitload more than 100 bucks and has almost no value.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    If you are not worried about money to much the cricket isnt bad but you have another option
    get a Contender G2 frame with youth stock. You then can get a cutom 16" barrel 22 long rifle barrel for her, you can also get a 16" 45/410 barrel and use it as a 410 shotgun, and this package can grow as she does and with the changing barrels you can go from shooting cans to hunting the largest bears with in a few minutes with a barrel change.

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    I didnt say I wasnt worried about the money. I just said I have wasted 100 bucks on plenty of stuff that will never be used. 100 bucks for a rifle is a good buy all day long. The annoying thing is I only paid 50 bucks for the rifle we are holding in the picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom