• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    I'm posting this as an FYI to everyone. Since I finally got the PPS-43c delivered to 2A Sales, I had to come up with a chamber lock per MD law. Now no one makes a chamber lock for this caliber, so I had to improvise. After some experimentation, it turns out that the 9mm parabellum cartridge is identical to the lower part of the 7.62x25 cartridge. The 9mm case stops just short of the constriction at the top of the Tok round's case. A 9mm will chamber snuggly and completely into battery in a Tok pistol.

I had been e-mailing back and forth with Larry at Omega Gun Locks trying to work something out regarding a lock for the Tok round. When I gave him an FYI regarding the 9mm fitting perfectly in 7.62x25 chambered guns, he actually sent me a free 9mm lock, and a custom extra long locking handle to work in the PPS.

So long story short, if you're buying a new 7.62x25 firearm (yeah. I know, not many possibilities for that happening) that requires a chamber lock; a 9mm will work beautifully.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    That was what I was originally going to order. And it still might work, just saying that the 9mm is a perfect fit.

Edit: I have to say that Omega has been great trying to resolve this with me. Kudos to Larry for great customer service. They are highly recommended.
    Edit 2: Just encountered a snag. While the 9mm works perfectly in a 7.62x25 firearm, the plastic guide just behind the handle's lock is too wide to fit in the barrel (9mm vs 7.62mm). I've just spent 30 minutes with the guide wrapped in sandpaper, and the rod being spun by an electric drill, to wear down the guide so it would fit. (I'm about to e-mail Larry and inform him of this) So ideally a 9mm chamber lock with a .32 acp handle would probably be best.

Last edited:

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    I too just picked up my pps43 from 2A sales. A big thanks to Mark at 2A and to DarthZed for hooking me up with his extra omega lock. If any one is interested in one of these I highly recommend 2A to handle the transfer they also did the fired shell casing. If anyone else is thing of picking up one of these and needs an omega lock for you can have the one given to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bapple

Latest threads

Top Bottom