(8/4) Annapolis Chief of Police encouraged the citizens of Annapolis to call the police when they see people wearing hoodies in the summer.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    His speech seemed fairly valid. He pushed back against anti-police activists, "snitches get stitches" culture, and challenged complaining community members with "what are YOU doing?" The hoodie example also seemed somewhat reasonable if everyone is realistic. Someone walking around with a hoodie up or "big fur coat" in 100 degree weather is anomalous for normal people, but somewhat common for criminals. Pushing the community to work with law enforcement to keep neighborhoods safe is as it should be.

That said, tips from citizens are different than officers conducting illegal searches based solely on someone's attire. If they got a call for a suspicious person based on attire, hopefully then they'd just initiate a conversation with the suspicious individual without detaining him/her or otherwise violating 4a rights.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I have been seen on P St. in Washington DC wearing a parka, snow boots, and ski gloves in 100° weather. I was doing an extensive job in a deep freezer in the Burger King, but on P St. in DC that attire did not stand out even on a hot summer day.

Last edited:

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    I expect the ACLU, Jesse, Al "Bobblehead" Sharpton, et al to start pounding the racial profiling/discrimination drum purt soon.

Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    His speech seemed fairly valid. He pushed back against anti-police activists, "snitches get stitches" culture, and challenged complaining community members with "what are YOU doing?" The hoodie example also seemed somewhat reasonable if everyone is realistic. Someone walking around with a hoodie up or "big fur coat" in 100 degree weather is anomalous for normal people, but somewhat common for criminals. Pushing the community to work with law enforcement to keep neighborhoods safe is as it should be.

That said, tips from citizens are different than officers conducting illegal searches based solely on someone's attire. If they got a call for a suspicious person based on attire, hopefully then they'd just initiate a conversation with the suspicious individual without detaining him/her or otherwise violating 4a rights.

I have mixed feelings. Lots of people chimed in that their teenagers wear lightweight hoodies for UV protection, or more pockets, or fashion. I actually see it a bit in my neighborhood. The Assault Weapons comment is what caught my attention. Couple of school teachers chimed in there would be more "Treyvon incidents", which tells me they ignored the details of that.
    And hoodies = assault weapons, and assault weapons = illegal.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I have been seeing on P St. in Washington DC wearing a parka, snow boots, and ski gloves in 100° weather. I was doing an extensive job in a deep freezer in the Burger King, but on P St. in DC that attire did not stand out even on a hot summer day.
    I had a nephew working in a brand name retail clothing chain many years ago. The chain sold an insulated parka that dealers would pull the insulation out and keep their wares in. This apparently became de rigueur for this career since months after the chain stopped selling the parka people would come in asking for it by it's street name.

RFBfromDE

W&C MD, UT, PA
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 21, 2022
    The Land of Pleasant Living
    Couple of school teachers chimed in there would be more "Treyvon incidents", which tells me they ignored the details of that.
    The part were instead of staying in his house and calling police on the goofball following him around, he phoned a friend that convinced him he should go back outside and put a beat down on the gay stalker?

That detail?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom