• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    Glock used to recommend 5000 round changes but I haven't shot one in 20 years so I don't know what they recommend now. When using reloads, ejection from a recoil operated gun is affected by variance in powder charge, neck tension and bullet seating depth.

Variation in charge weight obviously changes the gas pressure but so does variance in neck tension and bullet seating depth. The more times you load brass, the harder the mouth becomes and so you don't get the same neck tension.

Gunsmiths who specialize in 1911 Bullseye pistols know how to adjust the ejector to have your cases drop at your feet while still having reliable operation. This was important before the days of brass catchers as we all wanted to retain our own brass.
    I'm sure mixed brass has something in play here as well.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I thought about an AR pistol, it may well be. The cases are not from a MP5 and the gun is not suppressed either. Next time I find them, I'll look at the primers and see if I can tell if it was a standard pistol or AR type.
    Someone was shooting a Stribog or B&T? I forget which. But it was throwing a pile forward to about the 2 o’clock when I was at the range with him.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I have a toggle action semi automatic handgun. The cases eject straight up out of the gun if the gun is held perfectly level. If the muzzle is dipped down, it ejects forward. Any slight angle causes the injection to go in that direction.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Bolt speed, pressure , extractor tension, case extractor groove dimensions, chamber finish, and ejector strength- standing , plunger etc. are some thing I can think of.
    Lubricity of moving parts , firearm maintenance cleanliness might be some others.

outrider58

Cold Damp Spaces
    MDS Supporter
    You should do that and take a video of it and then jump up and down like you solved all the problems in the universe and post it on TikTok.
    not-sure-if-real-life-or-just-fantasy-14259102.png

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom