• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Just got in 3 of the new AAC Ti-Rant M suppressors.

$799 plus taxes

IMG_0066.jpg

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Question. I know nothing about suppressors. But I am really thinking about purchasing one soon with all the uncertainty out there. You obviously need a firearm barrel threaded to accept a suppressor correct? Are there like adaptors out there so that a suppressor can be put on any firearm or do you need a suppressor for each caliber. Pretty basic, but I could not find this info out there. Thank you.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Question. I know nothing about suppressors. But I am really thinking about purchasing one soon with all the uncertainty out there. You obviously need a firearm barrel threaded to accept a suppressor correct? Are there like adaptors out there so that a suppressor can be put on any firearm or do you need a suppressor for each caliber. Pretty basic, but I could not find this info out there. Thank you.

Yeah, there's separate mounts or different pistons available so you can use the suppressor on different guns. I'm thinking of Silencerco but others do it as well. A new mount or piston is under $100. Just have to make sure the hole through the suppressor is large enough for the caliber. So say a .45 suppressor like the Octane 45 would work on .40 or 9mm no problem. Rifle suppressors are similar but it depends on the brand whether or not they will be easy to adapt.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012

Mostly rifles you would have a gunsmith thread for you. Pistols you'd buy a new barrel that was extended length and already threaded.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    Do any of you guys have suppressor's on your HD firearm? The latest edition of NRA's Rifleman magazine has a story in it about suppressor's and recommends getting one for one's HD firearm because the decibel level of a firearm going off in a small room could cause temporary or even permanent hearing loss. So I was wondering if a suppressor is worth getting or not. Thanks.

Cal68

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Do any of you guys have suppressor's on your HD firearm? The latest edition of NRA's Rifleman magazine has a story in it about suppressor's and recommends getting one for one's HD firearm because the decibel level of a firearm going off in a small room could cause temporary or even permanent hearing loss. So I was wondering if a suppressor is worth getting or not. Thanks.

Cal68

It's going to be a lot of fun, and if calling it "essential for home defense" makes it an easier sale to your missus, then that's good too. I've never shot anything inside a small room without hearing protection but it does sound unpleasant.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    It's going to be a lot of fun, and if calling it "essential for home defense" makes it an easier sale to your missus, then that's good too. I've never shot anything inside a small room without hearing protection but it does sound unpleasant.

Sound attenuation indoors is actually quite strange. Witnessed a .45ACP ND indoors and I don't remember it being that loud...no clue if it damaged my hearing, which was always kinda poor to begin with. I distinctly recall thinking "well, that wasn't so loud!"

That said a suppressor is always a good idea, especially if the firearm may be shot indoors. Basically, there's no reason NOT to have one.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    It's going to be a lot of fun, and if calling it "essential for home defense" makes it an easier sale to your missus, then that's good too.QUOTE]

That said a suppressor is always a good idea, especially if the firearm may be shot indoors. Basically, there's no reason NOT to have one.

I like the way you guys think! I'll try to convince "The One Who Must Be Obeyed" that it is a necessity!

Cal68

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom