• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    Ammunition? It's been a long time since I've seen 21. Does the Law still require one to be at least 18 to purchase Shotgun & Rifle Ammo and 21 for Handgun & Inner-changeable Ammo? Any changes in Federal Laws lately? Do the State and Local Governments have the Right to apply there own Regulation too?

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Lambo said:
    Ammunition? It's been a long time since I've seen 21. Does the Law still require one to be at least 18 to purchase Shotgun & Rifle Ammo and 21 for Handgun & Inner-changeable Ammo? Any changes in Federal Laws lately? Do the State and Local Governments have the Right to apply there own Regulation too?
    As of last year that was the law, but it did not apply to possession as I understood it.

The "inter-changable ammo" does not apply and it only only applies to the ammo that is only for handguns and not both (as I understand it).

If the ammo is only used in handguns, then they have to be 21, but the catch is with all the pistol ammo carbines made nowadays, just about every round can be claimed to be used in a rifle (as I understand it).

I am almost positive that states can impose their own, stricter, age restrictions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom