• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcpd34

Peoples Republic Maryland
    Jan 29, 2009
    MD
    Looking for some new furniture to replace the plastic junk that came on my SAR1. Anyone have anything?

Hooker2

Disgruntled Pygmy
    Jan 10, 2008
    Bel Air
    My father has a complete stock set (black, side-folding, collapsible) that would not work on his CAI AK.

He wants to sell. I can grab some details tomorrow if interested.

rcpd34

Jan 29, 2009
    MD
    My father has a complete stock set (black, side-folding, collapsible) that would not work on his CAI AK.

He wants to sell. I can grab some details tomorrow if interested.

I may be interested. Dunno if it wil fit mine either though.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    I've got a few laminate hand guard sets I've swapped out for upgraded furniture that you're welcome to. But I have no stocks, since I tend to like folders. One is to a Yugo underfolder, the other is an Apex standard AKM set that I picked up cheap and never used. The question is whether I can find either one now. lol
    Edit: Found them. One is laminate (the M70), the other appears to be low-grade teak (The AKM). Kinda meh quality wise, neither has the palm swells, and like I said; no stocks to go along with them. sorry.
    Edit 2: Also have an ACE skeleton stock you're welcome to. It an 11" LOP though. I didn't measure properly, and got stuck with it. If you're a tall guy with long arms (really long arms) it'll work, all you need is either a fixed or folder rear trunion from ACE to mount it.
    Edit3: Yes, I have way too much AK crap laying around. lol

rcpd34

Jan 29, 2009
    MD
    My SAR1 came with the skeleton stock but I'd much rather have a folder. Will your parts interchange with mine? What are you asking?

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    You're welcome to the stock if it'll fit. I've been trying to get rid of the thing. Offered it to numerous forum members and no takers. If your SAR will accept a standard ACE rear folder trunion (about $50 for non-locking, $80 for locking) it will work (you might want to check their website for compatibility). But as I said, its 11" length of pull. Unless you have REALLY long arms it won't be useable. I'm 5'10'ish, and trust me, someone my height can't comfortably shoulder a AK with this stock (forgot to mention that it comes with a 1.5" thick buttpad, so technically 12.5" LOP, IIRC). Now if you're over 6', it might work.

rcpd34

Jan 29, 2009
    MD
    Stock won't work as I have average arms. :-)
    Hand guard set would be cool though; certainly better than my plastic one.

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    Send me a pm with your address, I'll send the AKM set to you (the Yugo set wouldn't fit). The handguards don't look bad, and it would certainly finish up nice.

Edit: just realized that I had started to refinish the AKM set. Its stained, and has a few coats of clear poly on it (and I was mistaken, the laminated set is the AKM). Give a couple of days to finish the set up before I send them to you. (I'm anal about not finishing things, lol.) They just need a few more coats, a final buff with extra-fine steel wool, and then a finish coat. Should look good on your gun. (I used a medium walnut stain that contrasts with the lighter laminate very well.) Probably have it out to you by Wednesday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Imetthevarmit

Latest threads

Top Bottom