• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    -Most of the surplus SMLE and Enfield furniture has disappeared from the market so it's nice to see someone stepping up to produce new replacement furniture. Ditto for US and Norwegian Krags. Nothing makes me cry more than seeing a badly cut up Norwegian Krag rifle. The vendor is Prestigious Wood Stocks, based north of the razor wire in Canada.
    So if you manage to grab a rare No1 MKV SMLE and need a new forestock and HG you now have a source.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    It's good to have options (and I am in need of a no 1 mk 3 forend), but I'm feeling a little bit of sticker shock. :shocked4:

Also, I miss Springfield Sporters :(

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    For rare, expensive items with impossible to find furniture this is an option. Not ideal but how long would you have to search to find an intact Norwegian Krag stock? Def. in the rocking horse poop category.
    Enfield No1 MKIII* forestocks are getting to the unobtanium category. Early MKIII forestocks with the volley sight inserts have been there for some time now.
    For me the only other resource I'm aware of is Fox Military in the Czech Republic. I found them when restoring a rare Berthier M34 rifle (I was crazy lucky to find an original stock in Europe but it was rough to be sure). Fox focuses on German and French stocks. So if you need a stock for a stupid rare G41 (M), he's your guy.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Glad they have a good variety. A little pricy, but hopefully we’ll start to see a decline in the amount of cut stock sporter’s that we always see at gun shows or in the budget section of gun shops.

LuckyShot

Pissing off Liberals
    Apr 13, 2010
    on 270
    You think you'd get a bubba'd enfield for dirt cheap but when i see the cost of a stock I'm better off buying an unmolested example

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JonWayneCampbell

Latest threads

Top Bottom