• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    NREe3sF.jpg

This set-up is doing everything well. The GRS Hybrid stock almost feels like an unfair advantage for standing unsupported-position shooting and 50-yard bench-supported accuracy is a little better than I expected to get from a new rifle. My 1710 took almost 1k rounds before it started shooting its very best groups. The 1712 has less than half that many thru it.

iDn6tI3.jpg

First range trip was indoors to do a 25-yard sight-in with SK LRRM and RWS Rifle Match.

dDp2uJc.jpg

SK LRRM

KZbZVYj.jpg

RWS RM

Had to make the usual windage and elevation adjustments on the scope but the initial boresight wasn't too far out of whack. Called it quits after 25 rounds each of the RWS and SK.

The next week had one day of 'light breezes' forecast so I took the afternoon off from work and went to the range to shoot at 50 yards.

N3EYI1a.jpg

Decided to finish-off my remaining stash of SK LRRM since it shot fairly well during the 25-yard test. The first shot on a cold bore went about .5" higher than I was aiming, and I thought I messed-up the initial elevation adjustment for 50 yards. The Leica AMPlus6 scope is the first MIL scope I've ever owned. I started to make a correction but, the next nine went where I was aiming.

Took five shots each at the corner targets.

uoAmRU1.jpg

xiLPsxc.jpg

SK LRRM, 50 yards

Started getting an intermittent ejection issue that was quickly cured after a brief trip back to Anschutz North America for an extractor adjustment. Talk about great customer service. ANA is the American Express of firearms customer service. Matt, Brian and Austin got my 1712 action, fixed the extractor, and returned it within two weeks. Problem solved.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Such a nice rifle.
    I bought 2 boxes of SK LRRM just to try out. My CZ VPT loves it. Of course now there is none available anywhere. Same with Lapua Center-X.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Such a nice rifle.
    I bought 2 boxes of SK LRRM just to try out. My CZ VPT loves it. Of course now there is none available anywhere. Same with Lapua Center-X.

Thanks! I figured it would be a good choice for rimfire silhouette but I never imagined how good it would be at 50 yards off sandbags.

Center-X always seems to be scarce and when you do see it available for purchase, it's overpriced. Lapua came out with two 'new' brands of ammo this year: Long Range and 'Super' Long Range. People who have chronographed the Long Range say it's very similar to Center-X speeds and SD.

EarnestT

In the hollow
    Aug 18, 2013
    Not in Maryland
    Thanks! I figured it would be a good choice for rimfire silhouette but I never imagined how good it would be at 50 yards off sandbags.

Center-X always seems to be scarce and when you do see it available for purchase, it's overpriced. Lapua came out with two 'new' brands of ammo this year: Long Range and 'Super' Long Range. People who have chronographed the Long Range say it's very similar to Center-X speeds and SD.
    Is there a local source for these rifles?

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Man, that is absolute rimfire perfection.

How much would that setup take to duplicate if you don't mind sharing?

Mondial

Colt .45
    Nov 29, 2018
    Columbia
    I buy mine at Euro Optic's storefront in Williamsport, PA, but they can also be ordered via Anschutz North America:

FYI on Eurooptic. They moved 17 April to Lycoming Mall Circle in Muncy, PA. They took over a larger location. Very nice set up. Lots to goodies to examine there:-)

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    FYI on Eurooptic. They moved 17 April to Lycoming Mall Circle in Muncy, PA. They took over a larger location. Very nice set up. Lots to goodies to examine there:-)
    It's good to see them doing well. I first heard about the move last year when they were remodeling it and using the new location as a warehouse. The old storefront is now, Lycoming Archery.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom