• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Sporting clays @ PG Trap & Skeet.
    What sort of shotgun games are you looking for?

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    long way from ellicott city for you, but peacemaker/pntc used to regularly do their supersteel matches. run around and shoot down a buncha steel with handgun, pcc or shottie, super fun. i think they did just one earlier this year, hoping for more next year.

i haven't done it, but agc also shows a monthly falling steel match that i'd think would be open to shottie.

Medusa Joe

Industry Partner
    May 28, 2020
    Hollywood, MD
    i run a practical-tactical shotgun match at sanner's lake sportsman's club in lexington park 3 times a year. its shooting 5 stages of steel targets and static clay pigeons. next year's dates (2023) are APR 2, JULY 8 and OCT 22. open to the public. $15 match fee for non-sanner's members. Hunting division (5 rounds or less in the gun), limited division (9 rounds or less in the gun), detachable mag division (no limit on rounds) and open division (>9 rounds in the gun). signups will be on practiscore. message me is you'd like to get added to the distro.

more info here: https://www.sannerslake.org/Practical-Tactical-Shotgun

sample match attached from October 2022.

Attachments

• October 2022 SG match stages V1.pdf
      225.2 KB · Views: 80

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Action shooting is what I'm looking for,close range shooting steel targets etc.. I have a 3 gun competition shotgun Beretta 1301 comp pro
    There have been consistent mutterings about doing a shotgun falling steel match at AGC, up to and including having shotgun divisions in our internal rulebook for it. Email the AGC action shooting chair if that's a thing you want to see in 2023. I think ammo availability concerns were what kept it off the 2022 calendar, but I'm not super plugged into that side of things. Any excuse to break out the Saiga 12 is a good time for me. :)

MrNIceGuy1989

Nov 14, 2022
    Ellicott City
    i run a practical-tactical shotgun match at sanner's lake sportsman's club in lexington park 3 times a year. its shooting 5 stages of steel targets and static clay pigeons. next year's dates (2023) are APR 2, JULY 8 and OCT 22. open to the public. $15 match fee for non-sanner's members. Hunting division (5 rounds or less in the gun), limited division (9 rounds or less in the gun), detachable mag division (no limit on rounds) and open division (>9 rounds in the gun). signups will be on practiscore. message me is you'd like to get added to the distro.

more info here: https://www.sannerslake.org/Practical-Tactical-Shotgun

sample match attached from October 2022.
    That sounds awesome thanks!!!

MrNIceGuy1989

Nov 14, 2022
    Ellicott City
    There have been consistent mutterings about doing a shotgun falling steel match at AGC, up to and including having shotgun divisions in our internal rulebook for it. Email the AGC action shooting chair if that's a thing you want to see in 2023. I think ammo availability concerns were what kept it off the 2022 calendar, but I'm not super plugged into that side of things. Any excuse to break out the Saiga 12 is a good time for me. :)
    Yes AGC is my home range, Yeah I'm gonna keep bugging them about that. I wish we could use it at our monthly falling steel match. I'm going to get everyone I know that shoots shotgun at AGC to ask for more shotgun work PLEASE.

MrNIceGuy1989

Nov 14, 2022
    Ellicott City
    long way from ellicott city for you, but peacemaker/pntc used to regularly do their supersteel matches. run around and shoot down a buncha steel with handgun, pcc or shottie, super fun. i think they did just one earlier this year, hoping for more next year.

i haven't done it, but agc also shows a monthly falling steel match that i'd think would be open to shottie.
    lol...I actually did the supersteel match this past summer. I actually heard shadow hawk is really good and its close to Peacemaker. I wasn't really impressed with peacemakers set up and it was $50 for match fees, definitely wasn't worth it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom