• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    There is apparently a match in NJ in two weeks. I have some friends in NJ so I might try to kill two birds so to speak but I don't want to drive that far to find out the matches are crappy or small so I was wondering how they compare to an IDPA or a USPSA match.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i wouldn't travel to jersey, with or without a gun. "garden state" parkway, that's a laugh.

anyways gssf is a simplified, lower key, version of idpa or uspsa. you are stationary shooting at stationary targets - some cardboard and some steel. it is very similar to a steel challenge match - there are five stages and you shoot each stage 4 times. as noted, there is no movement, and also there is no reloading.

it is fun, and pretty cheap, so you should give it a try if you find one around. of course, you do need a glock. and you should have 4 mags so that you don't need to load up mags between each string.

mrozowjj

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2008
    Seattle-ish WA
    i wouldn't travel to jersey, with or without a gun. "garden state" parkway, that's a laugh.

anyways gssf is a simplified, lower key, version of idpa or uspsa. you are stationary shooting at stationary targets - some cardboard and some steel. it is very similar to a steel challenge match - there are five stages and you shoot each stage 4 times. as noted, there is no movement, and also there is no reloading.

it is fun, and pretty cheap, so you should give it a try if you find one around. of course, you do need a glock. and you should have 4 mags so that you don't need to load up mags between each string.

I normally only drive through Jersey on my way to New York which is something I haven't done in a while. Good to know.

Ah. While that does sound like it has some fun factor involved I definitely don't think it's something I would drive that far to do. It's a shame there aren't any closer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom